Why become a member? ×

New cheap Marcus Miller endorsed range of basses - Sire

Clarky

For no other reason than im bored i was just looking on Thomanns website at these. I was amazed at how much they now cost. Definitely not budget bass prices any more IMO. some are over £750.
In a way i suppose that might instil more confidence in the basses, as they wont appear to be cheap basses, but im glad i got mine in the first wave of V7's.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1502464088' post='3351697']
For no other reason than im bored i was just looking on Thomanns website at these. I was amazed at how much they now cost. Definitely not budget bass prices any more IMO. some are over £750.
In a way i suppose that might instil more confidence in the basses, as they wont appear to be cheap basses, but im glad i got mine in the first wave of V7's.
[/quote]

It also means people are charging more for them second hand. Seen one that had an asking price for more than the original price, it was a joke.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1502554321' post='3352181']
I always feel like that whenever a Squier JV comes up for sale. Lovely basses for £199 (original price), not good value at all for the ridiculous price they go for on here and eBay etc.
[/quote]

I get what you mean about Squier. Nearly choked on my tea when browsing the ads.

Been having a look for a fretless 5 & saw one of these for about £500 on Thomann. How does the V7 sound quality wise? Is it a really good sounding instrument live, or is it just oaky?
I see they also do a M7 & a V9 which are both a bit dearer. I've not had a look at those yet, but I think some investigating needs to be done by me. B)
The other basses I've been looking at are the Ibanez SRF705 & the SRH505F & the Rockbass Alien. Anyone tried these?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
46 minutes ago, AlexDelores said:

Has anyone got a pre order in for the Sire P7 Pbass? Ive seen them advertised on Thomann website but they seem to keep moving the date they will become available.

With nothing but good things from the V7 it will be interesting to see if they live up to the hype. 

Andertons have a load in stock: https://www.andertons.co.uk/search?categoryId=&storeId=10151&catalogId=3074457345616676668&langId=-1&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&searchSource=Q&pageView=&beginIndex=0&pageSize=24&searchTerm=Sire+p7&authToken=-1002%2CXZvf36sLiPiYegUJrwTEpYgBzE92SYyViFqNTYY0v8k%3D&#facet:3074457345616676711804774&productBeginIndex:0&facetLimit:&orderBy:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&