Why become a member? ×

New cheap Marcus Miller endorsed range of basses - Sire

Clarky

• 1 month later...

Just incase anyone is interested in sound samples, here's a vid I recorded with my band. The bass is in active mode, both pickups on full, tone all the way back and just a slight bump on the bass EQ. Amp is set flat.

https://youtu.be/zXbgkJStDFY

Edited by lobematt

I feel really guilty as I dont use mine anymore, at least not at the moment.
It's a bass that I feel ill never sell though as it's not financially worth it, and I know I'll want a 5 string at some point in the future.
What I like about these bases the most is that they cost so little I have no need to do the one in one out rule, as there will be little to gain.
I'm more than happy with my Fender P now, but I know the moment Sire do a 5 string P I'll get one, even if I still have no imediate use for it. I just hope it will be a bit lighter than the Jazz basses.

[quote name='timhiggins' timestamp='1470408348' post='3105826']
Great stuff Matt i have the same bass but mine sounds slightly more neck pickup heavy with everything wide open ,have you raised yours at all ?
[/quote]

Just a touch, but the set up was pretty good out the box!

I almost got one on facebook - the guy agreed then changed his mind without mentioning it to me. That is the way of facebook I guess.
Keep thinking about getting one but without any to try it is hard to work out if the neck would be something I could use, as the string spacing is wide for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my V7-5 yesterday. In the Evening, ve've had a Rehearsal. I have to say, I am very impressed. The Bass came flawless and with a perfect Setup out of the Box. "Made in Indonesia" 4,85 Kg. (Not the lightest, but a good Strap will do the Job..) I have ordered @ Thomann. I ordered on Tuesday, the Bass was delivered on Thursday. A small Card named as "Quality Inspection" was made and signed from a Guy (or a Girl) from Thomann.

At the Rehearsal, i've "played" a little bit with the Preamp/Eq, wich is mighty. I still prefer, running it through my Tonebone Bassbone, but using the Mid Control from the Heritage-3. Rest of the V7 EQ was flat. Nontheless, I found, the Heritage 3 Preamp is a good Tool and you easily can dial in a good Sound.

Man, I wish 35 Years ago, when I started playing Bass, such Basses @such a Price were available.

[url=http://abload.de/image.php?img=20160826-p8260429slsss.jpg][/url]

[quote name='AREA' timestamp='1472239317' post='3119790']
Got my V7-5 yesterday. In the Evening, ve've had a Rehearsal. I have to say, I am very impressed. The Bass came flawless and with a perfect Setup out of the Box. "Made in Indonesia" 4,85 Kg. (Not the lightest, but a good Strap will do the Job..) I have ordered @ Thomann. I ordered on Tuesday, the Bass was delivered on Thursday. A small Card named as "Quality Inspection" was made and signed from a Guy (or a Girl) from Thomann.

At the Rehearsal, i've "played" a little bit with the Preamp/Eq, wich is mighty. I still prefer, running it through my Tonebone Bassbone, but using the Mid Control from the Heritage-3. Rest of the V7 EQ was flat. Nontheless, I found, the Heritage 3 Preamp is a good Tool and you easily can dial in a good Sound.

Man, I wish 35 Years ago, when I started playing Bass, such Basses @such a Price were available.

[/quote]

That's really not helped my patience........ Lol . What a lovely looking bass.

My new one is somewhere between DHL & Parcelforce....

Edited by Wilco

My next bass will be a 5 string Jazz. I played a Squire VM Olympic White - liked it a lot @ £316 from GAK it looks a decent buy. However for £460 from Thomann I can have a red one of these. What to do?

I was happy with the neck profile on the Squire, anyone know how the Miller bass compares?

[quote name='AREA' timestamp='1472239317' post='3119790']

[/quote]

That's gorgeous, if I'd just glanced at it without seeing the headstock I'd have said it was a Sadowsky.

[quote name='grumpyguts' timestamp='1472455595' post='3121145']
My next bass will be a 5 string Jazz. I played a Squire VM Olympic White - liked it a lot @ £316 from GAK it looks a decent buy. However for £460 from Thomann I can have a red one of these. What to do?

I was happy with the neck profile on the Squire, anyone know how the Miller bass compares?
[/quote]

red wins, I'm afraid :P

Here's my newly acquired 4 string - lovely thing to play. Only gripes? Gloss lacquer on the neck, frets could do with dressing, bridge saddles are surprisingly sharp on the corners. That's it. Oh, and [i]that[/i] headstock. But the good stuff out weighs the bad by [i]a lot. [/i]VFM x 10. :)

[attachment=227081:Sire MM jazz.jpg]

[quote name='Grassie' timestamp='1473007984' post='3125996']
Here's my newly acquired 4 string - lovely thing to play. Only gripes? Gloss lacquer on the neck, frets could do with dressing, bridge saddles are surprisingly sharp on the corners. That's it. Oh, and [i]that[/i] headstock. But the good stuff out weighs the bad by [i]a lot. [/i]VFM x 10. :)

[attachment=227081:Sire MM jazz.jpg]
[/quote]

I have the same but thr 5 string version, it's incredible.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1476826290' post='3157676']
I believe ive just seen a V7 on Jools Holland. It looked (to my old eyes) like the bass player with the Temptations was using one. Could be wrong through as i dont really know my basses and haven't seen mine for a good few months.
[/quote]

I thought it was too.

I also got mine from Thomann - the natural swamp ash jobbie, just like Lobematt's but its a 4 banger

Mine was virtually playable out of the box. All i did was raise the bridge pup a tad and lower the neck pup a tad. Everything was incredibly well setup. String height - bang on. Intonation - bang on.
No sharp fret edges, no flaws in the varnish, nice heavy chrome bridge with option of thru body stringing. None of your flimsy tinny Fendery L shape bridges

Fairly decent preamp with a nice Mid freq. sweep & boost

Its just about unbeatable for the price. Nice work Sire