Why become a member? ×

Do other people suffer from this?

Cameronj279

It's not just you Cameron. I tried on a really lovely formal jacket a while back, looked at myself in the mirror and instead of the suave and sophisticated chap I wanted to see, all I saw was a sad fat bastid trying to look smart and failing. I love smart clothes. Unfortunately they hate me and are determined to make me look ridiculous.

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1420418991' post='2649264']
Guess what I got for Christmas... I'm wearing it now. I am wearing nothing else and I am lying on the bed, looking beautiful.
[/quote]
ARRGGGHHHHH. BRING ME THE BRAIN BLEACH. NOW. PLEEEASE.

Edited by UglyDog

It's easy for me. I switched from playing bass to drums, and I'm now removed from view :)

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1420413510' post='2649229']
I have no bum, I'm so skinny. If I did this, I'd look like a boomerang.

That's just a throwaway comment.
[/quote]

I'm surprised there's been no come-back to this

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1420409609' post='2649161']
Reading through the stage outfits thread and my recent secret santa gift (Great idea to whoever it was by the way) has got me thinking about how I dress more on stage. I'm lucky in the sense that it isn't a covers band and don't have to attend smart functions etc but I would like to dress nice every so often.

Basically I have this horrible ability/curse to wear any sort of smart clothing and look like I'm going to court. I can just about manage to wear a shirt and look semi-comfortable but anything more than that and I just look/feel a bit ridiculous.

I can't be the only one...can I?
[/quote]

I don't know, I think the Bay City Rollers look is due a comeback.....just go easy on the platform shoes!
Sorry, that wasn't very helpful?

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1420423371' post='2649278']
I've always loved fashion.It's part of the fun of gigging. I exercise, [b]keep my hair professionally colored [/b]I always coordinate what I wear to each and every gig. And at 61 it's not easy. I know nothing about fashion, I'm still working on a sort of retro 60s look.

Most guys I know, are oblivious to fashion and are perfectly comfortable showing up for a gig in their work clothes.Everybody's different.

Blue
[/quote]

Over here in the UK I find audiences prefer "50 Shades of Grey"!

I usually wear black jeans, black t shirt or a grateful dead t shirt just to break up the black look.

Thing is, I always wear the same knock off black converse style boots. It has gotten to the stage now that if I don`t wear them, I will have a crap gig, sorry worse than usual gig.

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1420419873' post='2649269']
I also have no bum and it's a damned curse! The thing is, I'm a gre't big fat bastard, but I have nothing to hang my trousers on. I have to tighten my belt until I hear my pelvis start to creak, just for them to stay up for a bit. And I can still take them off and put them back on without undoing them. So I am constantly having to pull them up, which makes me feel really self conscious.
That's why I prefer joggers that have elasticated waists, but gre't big fat fatties in joggers is just wrong, so I wear Real Tree style camo ones which don't look so bad. I look more like I should be sat by a lake trying to pull a ten pound Carp out of it instead of looking like I should be running around the lake trying to shed ten pounds.
[/quote]
Brilliant! I cant stop laughing at this....sorry KingBollock....very funny :biggrin: