Why become a member? ×

Ampeg BA110v2

leemarseillebass

Well, I should start the experiences I've had. Numerous different bands, lots of live work accomplished, many realisations as to why I've almost gone full circle and got a 40 watt combo, well, two of them to run with with my bass' twin jacks.

I've had the Ampeg 610, SVT450, the Ampeg 210, both versions of the 15" Ampeg combos, I went into Hartke Hy-Drive stuff, namely the 5210 combo into the 115C. It's took this long to fully grasp about backline...I've spent too long having to turn down, stop feed back from mics, having my stuff only as loud as the stage wedges anyway I don't particularly use massive onstage power plus people don't hear your stuff anyway, cue questionable looks from people when I'm telling them I've got two of the new Ampeg BA110v2's. I have to admit I fell for the familiarity a little, the benefit being their new Scrambler function works for one of the channels while the other one is just solid tone. Much of volume is perceived loudness anyway. You think I'm a little mad? You should hear them both. Yep, small but they sound like they're fight with a way bigger heart and it's quite a thing feeling the tangible notes. I've ordered a Zoom Q2hd too so I will be uploading a clip or two that'll hopefully pick up all the audio I'm currently hearing :)

Cheers,
Lee.