Why become a member? ×

NBD: Didn't expect this one

Woodinblack

Well, didn't expect this.

Went into a music shop not far from me, in Street. I knew they had an aerodyne bass and wanted to try one. Tried it, was very disappointed that its neck was so big.
As my new band is always saying they were looking for a P-Bass sound, I thought i would try them. The american standard had a standard PBass neck, this is the reason I don't like them. The Mexican P bass was ok, but didn't grab me. Then I saw another rack, the Squier rack. Not being that concerned with labels tried those. The Pete Wentz P bass was ok, although I was not that keen on the graphic on the body, but then saw the Squier Classic Vibe Precision Bass, in black with black pickguard and maple neck.

Picked that up and played it and it was lovely! It is the first P Bass that I have actually enjoyed playing pretty well ever, so wandered round the shopping center thinking about it. Then my mum (we had met her there as she was having a post - christmas depressed day) said 'Can I get half of it for you for christmas', so after trying to talk her out of it, she was insistent, so she did, and I got it.

I think I shall gig it tomorrow!

I played on off these in Bath and it really blew me away! Unfortunately I didn't have the money for it and I've resisted the temptation to go back ever since and then I bought a P off here with a rosewood neck which I think suits me better.

But these are incredible basses! Good score :)

Happy NBD! My mum does exactly the same thing with an occasional 'what if I buy half of it for you as an early birthday present?' ...this can happen anything up to 11 months from the actual event! :lol:

I treated myself to a CV 70s Precision too, and was just as confused to find a bridge cover on it when I went to try it out, especially since it's over a high mass bridge; I didn't think it'd fit. I really don't like bridge and pickup covers, thumb rests and tug-bars, and the holes left in the body next to the bridge nearly made me walk away, but after playing it for a while I decided it was too nice to leave and just convinced myself that the holes add to the 70s-ness of it!

Bridge, pickup and strap-locks on...

Hope you continue to enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine!

[quote name='Myke' timestamp='1419933132' post='2644006']
Just don't go into Vintage and Rare there. It's a building for GAS!
[/quote]

I did, Luckily in general I am not a fender guy, or a 4 string guy, despite this purchase, so I wouldn't pay any high price for a 4 string fender bass, which is what most of their stuff is, and they don't have that many basses really. But still rather nice to look at!