Why become a member? ×

SOLD Wal MK1 1987 Custom 4 string bass
£3000

GLH

Hi everyone.

I have a beautiful flamed Schedua 1987 vintage Wal MK 1 Custom Series four string bass for sale. UK buyers only please. It's looking for a good home and someone who'll enjoy it as much as I have since commissioning the bass from Ian Waller. Ian personally delivered it to me when I was living in London -- a typically nice gesture from him.

The bass is in original and pristine condition with the sole exception of a tiny area of flaking to part of a tuning peg mechanism at the rear of the headstock and a minor scratch to the serial number plate, Complete with original hex adjustment tools and original blue 'Wal' branded fibreglass hardshell case in very good condition retaining the original keys. I've used the bass mainly in a home studio environment and it has always been treated with respect! Here are the details:

Model: Wal Custom Series MK1 four string bass.
Serial No: 2921, July 1987
Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood, without inlaid semitone markers. 21 frets.
Body: Brazilian Mahogany core, Schedua faces. Satin finish.
Hardware: Standard Wal electronics and tail/bridge piece. Black, low gear, Schaller machineheads.

I've tried to be as complete as possible with the attached images. I'll be happy to answer any queries here or supply further specific images if required. Please leave a message in my profile or PM me and I'll get back to you.

The purchase price is 3000 GBP

I welcome anyone who's interested to come and try the bass for themselves. I'm based just outside Penzance, in Cornwall, near Lands End.

Payment by cash or personal cheque. Prefer buyer to collect but can arrange delivery ( eg. via Interparcel ) anywhere in the UK on receipt of cleared funds.

Thanks!

Garry

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:104331][sharedmedia=core:attachments:104332]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:104333][sharedmedia=core:attachments:104334]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:104335][sharedmedia=core:attachments:104336]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:104337][sharedmedia=core:attachments:104338]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:104339][sharedmedia=core:attachments:104340]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:104341][sharedmedia=core:attachments:104342]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:104343]

[quote name='Francesco' timestamp='1419801194' post='2642850']
Are you sure about the rosewood fretboard? I own a similar one which has a rosewood fretboard. This looks like ebony. GLWTS!
[/quote]

Hi Francesco, yes, quite sure.. I can see how it might be mistaken for ebony, but it is rosewood.

[quote name='Noisyjon' timestamp='1419858932' post='2643230']
oof, do like :gas: but just out of reach for me right now.

Good Luck With The Sale Garry
[/quote]

Hey, thanks Noisyjon. It's a very fine example of the art. Whoever lays eyes on it and plays it will definitely want to own it!

[quote name='taurus1' timestamp='1419881208' post='2643598']
Absolutely stunning and one of the more reasonably priced S/H Wals out there.I'm sure this one won't hang around.Best of luck.
[/quote]

Thanks, Taurus1!

Garry are there any circumstances under which you would consider an international sale? I live in California and cannot for the life of me get my hands on one of these beauties. I may be able to arrange an in person pickup with a friend in the UK.

If you are willing to consider please contact me at [email protected]