Why become a member? ×

Please remove

Pinball

Pretty sure I've liked all on the list. It's to be expected that some will harvest likes, and not bother to return the favour. Some will get bored halfway down the list. Some will have liked all on the list early on, then not return to the thread to like the subsequent additions. Some will only like those that they like the look of.

Jus Lukin, if you're a hippy, let karma settle the score ;-)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Chris Sharman' timestamp='1433797486' post='2794128']
Holy Thread Resurrection Batman!

I had entirely forgot about this until a recent spate of 'Likes' appeared on my bands pages which made me think I should pop back and have a look.

I am now up to date.

Thanks All
[/quote]

Thanks for liking DefunkT

Don't mean to be a negative on a thread, especially one that is done in such a positive light, but I wondered if you were aware that liking a page you don't actually like has a big downside? I know it may seem good if you have more likes, it makes you seem more popular, and if that is what you want, that is a good thing, but if you want to get on facebook to actually engage with people, getting likes from people who don't actually like you, but just like to do you a favour restricts your audience engagement?

See, facebook will only put your posts in front of a small percentage of the people who like your page. If a number of people engage with that post, like, comment etc, then it will be deemed a more interesting post and it will be placed in front of more of your fans. If they interact.. etc etc, it gets to be a top post and gets in front of most.

So if you have say 100 followers, and of those 10 are the really enthusiastic people who will like and comment, if facebook puts your post in front of 20% of your audience (and it will generally be less), you stand a 20% chance of one of those people interacting with your post and becoming popular, and a 80% chance of noone liking it. If you then get 100 likes by people who don't really like your stuff, but just are liking to make you popular, you have just halved your chances of your posts getting in front of the people who are actually going to come out and engage with your, come to your gigs etc.

So ironically, if you have fewer fans, but ones who do actually come to your gigs and like your stuff, you stand a much higher chance of reaching them.

Eeek, the monster I created returns :)

This was great and did what it was intended to do and gave us a step up in terms of credibility. The problem is when the thread grew it became a bit of a chore to like everyone. I recommend you start another and let it run for a couple of months and end it.

[quote name='DaBassMonsta' timestamp='1429535724' post='2752341']
Wish I'd noticed this before! Are we too late?

[url="https://www.facebook.com/afterburneruk"]https://www.facebook.com/afterburneruk[/url]

Looks like I've got a lot of clicking to do!
[/quote]

Start a new one DeBassmonsta call it the Facebook liking thread and catch all the new bands that have started up. Thats where its useful :)

Edited by Pinball

Mods please delete if inappropriate; it's just another FB likey page - of sorts.......

Alan G Parker, the guy behind the "Hello Quo" & Kiss movies is looking into the practicalities of doing the same honours with Slade, who rather paradoxically were one of the inspirations for Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley going all glam overkill - so they've a lot to answer for.

Anyway - to gauge music fans fervour over such a thing he's asking for those who'd watch such a thing to like this page..........
[url="https://www.facebook.com/sladefilm"]https://www.facebook.com/sladefilm[/url]

• 10 months later...