Why become a member? ×

Get your STATUS-GRAPHITE basses out!

OutToPlayJazz

I've seen that for sale, I think it was in the Netherlands? Absolutely gorgeous! Looks like an S2 Classic neck through, with the old Hyperactive soapbars.

I have a bolt-on 4-string S2 Classic with those same pickups and it's LOUD. I think mine has the old Board 300 preamp without a trimpot for the output level, unlike the current Board 303 preamp. 

• 3 weeks later...

Pleased to say I will re-joining the Status owners club after an absence of about 4 years.  I've missed my old Streamline and always promised myself that I'd get another Status bass at some point.  After discussion with Rob he confirmed he had a couple of basses in the final stages of prep and was able to direct one to me so with luck it will be hitting my door (hopefully with not too big a thud) some time next week. 

• Like 4

Just now, martthebass said:

Pleased to say I will re-joining the Status owners club after an absence of about 4 years.  I've missed my old Streamline and always promised myself that I'd get another Status bass at some point.  After discussion with Rob he confirmed he had a couple of basses in the final stages of prep and was able to direct one to me so with luck it will be hitting my door (hopefully with not too big a thud) some time next week. 

Lovely. What are you getting Mart?

7 hours ago, martthebass said:

I'll give you a clue.

It will be similar to one used by an individual who was born in my home town.....

Lucky chap! Look forward to the pics!

I acquired this lovely Series 3 about a year ago. Wonderful bass, perfect weight and balance. Gigged it twice last year and have since added a D-tuner so that when our gigs resume in the autumn I have the option of leaving my Stingray 5 at home if needed.

I’ve always loved Status basses, they’re just so rock solid and versatile. My first was a 4000 (resin body, bolt-on neck, weighed a bloody ton but sounded epic), followed by an all-wood Series 1 5 string and an early 90’s Series 2.

Moved them all on after many years hard work but always regretted not having a Status. So I now have this one to complement my 30th Anniversary Series 2.

2177D804-21A9-4090-BD82-E05EF2FF3A2E.jpeg

0153C1B5-1D43-46C5-BC62-30978B03A7E2.jpeg

6381EAD6-C96C-4787-B313-7D9D3A583368.jpeg

Edited by Captain Bassman
  • Like 7

Apologies for the poor pics but I’m rubbish with an iPhone unless it’s outside and the lighting is good. The CW sig turned up within a week of me placing the order and Rob was kind enough to fit the Schaller straplocks gratis. This really is a well made piece of kit and certainly exceeds my expectations. Not sure how it fits with my eclectic bunch of 34” scale basses which now comprise this, a Ric 4003 and an EBMM Sterling but I look forward to the experience.

23AEF13F-7913-4938-AA41-1A19C95B392E.jpeg

68BDA843-5B69-4FA6-A559-AC41554382A9.jpeg

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, martthebass said:

Apologies for the poor pics but I’m rubbish with an iPhone unless it’s outside and the lighting is good. The CW sig turned up within a week of me placing the order and Rob was kind enough to fit the Schaller straplocks gratis. This really is a well made piece of kit and certainly exceeds my expectations. Not sure how it fits with my eclectic bunch of 34” scale basses which now comprise this, a Ric 4003 and an EBMM Sterling but I look forward to the experience.

68BDA843-5B69-4FA6-A559-AC41554382A9.jpeg

(A Ric 4003 isn't a 34" scale bass...)

21 minutes ago, martthebass said:

Mart that looks fabulous. Congratulations. I have GAS for another Status, but I have other things in the works before I can commit to ordering.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, martthebass said:

Beautiful Mart. Congratulations 👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, bassfan said:

Took mine to rehearsal tonight first time I’ve played it in nearly 2 years since getting the sadowsky. I’m still in love with it. Total keeper. 

0A7FCCB5-B1A2-43C1-BBCF-5DD730E899E8.jpeg

I should think so, it is an absolute beauty 😍

• Thanks 1