Why become a member? ×

Get your STATUS-GRAPHITE basses out!

OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='452844' date='Apr 2 2009, 11:19 PM']I was only saying to my Status-owning friend in Canada a short while ago, that Streamlines seemed quite rare for their first year of production (from early 2008), but now they're getting seriously popular! Can't wait to get my new one on Saturday :)[/quote]
:rolleyes:

[quote name='martthebass' post='452637' date='Apr 2 2009, 06:25 PM']Mine should be arriving courtesy of Rich in the next couple of days.....my back can't wait[/quote]

Well after an hour of noodling on this pocket rocket all I can say is 'yes - it is all they say it is'.

Don't care that it looks strange, I've already christened it 'Ned' (after the Ned Flanders quote 'feels like I'm wearing nothing at all').

Just a bit of a change, BB... Sold my old SII because it was such a shame to have it sitting, then saw this one & decided to make an offer to Mart who'd been looking at Streamlines for a while. That way, Mart got a very reasonably priced Streamline & I got a nice new one with the white LED's :)

As for the LED's, the side ones are nice & subtle, but the fronts are like a quartet of trucks about to run you over!

I don't know the exact cost of a phenowood fingerboard, but I know it's not a cheap option! I'd say around £2-300. I know Rob's run out of the phenowood for the time being and is looking for another supplier.

Would you believe that it's not wood at all? It looks and feels like wood, but is in fact a curious mix of the graphite binding resin & paper!

Just picked up Will 2x18's Washburn Series 1000. Dead chuffed. Apart from a few dings on the front which I can live with it is lovely. Sounds great too. I think I'll add chrome knobs to it which should look good against the black. Some pics attached with Miss Maple.