Why become a member? ×

Get your STATUS-GRAPHITE basses out!

OutToPlayJazz

On 29/12/2018 at 17:32, Jabba The Hutt said:

Here's my Status Series II through neck - a beauty! :)

TD660_RIG & BASSES.JPG

That's definitely what I'm gassing for right now, four string, headed, wraparound LEDs. Absolute drool fest !

If anybody is thinking of parting with theirs, please do get in touch. :crazy:

• 4 weeks later...

My newly acquired 1991 S2 (or S2 'Matrix' as I think it would have been termed at the time being headed). This is a bit of a timewarp bass - it really is in mint condition. It recently came into this country from the Netherlands (where the original owner resided). Maybe a member on here? 

I did initially think that I had a problem with a noisy preamp/buzzing at higher volumes. Turns out that the equation of this bass + my old Trace SMX's + the electrical interference in my man cave = buzzing at high volume. Tried it elsewhere in the house, at different times of the day and through a couple of more 'modern' amps and it's as quiet as a mouse.

I'm really enjoying it and as @MB1 warned me, I may end up wanting more than one! 

IMG_6686.JPG

IMG_6687.JPG

IMG_6688.JPG

IMG_6693.JPG

Edited by Deedee
  • Like 6

I absolutely love Status basses - pretty much any of them have been on my GAS list since forever, since I started to play bass. I have had the pleasure of owning a 5-string Streamline and currently have a Washburn Status S1000 - and overall just cannot get on with the wide flat necks :( The hugest disappointment because everything else about them is wonderful and seeing all these beautiful basses... sigh.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update: Now with a better bridge and it suits dam well too! USA Hipshot Kickass! 

Been debating with myself as to whether this beautiful Matrix will be popping up in the For Sale Classfields as I feel the bug for a Spector Euro starting to develop again...miss my old one ☹️

A5B69946-FD86-466F-A666-F2E890C706AD.jpeg

8941A698-DD22-4786-8ECA-51999750A69F.jpeg

84307D0A-D3C4-4A21-A311-7BE1EBADB69B.jpeg

7BA3D73F-3A8E-42D6-A4C3-4E796094D666.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/03/2019 at 10:50, bassmayhem said:

Had! Miss! :( 

33389951278_afb83c7581_k.jpg

I had one too. I saved up for ages for it, not realising that the neck shape would be very different to my old early 90s Energy.

The new square shoulder neck shape is very uncomfortable for me. Everything else about the bass was wonderful, but the neck wasn't.

I wish they'd go back to the earlier C shape neck, then I'd buy another one.

I am also surprised that they stick with such a wide 5 string nut at 48mm. The Stingray is the highest selling 5 string at 44.5mm and many others do 45mm (although I have to say that 0.5mm makes a lot of difference in comfort for me), and yet Status and a few others stick with a massive 48mm.

I'm sure 5 string sales would be higher if the nut was narrower.

1 hour ago, fretmeister said:

I'm sure 5 string sales would be higher if the nut was narrower.

I wish they'd do their basses in jazz-style nut widths - I loved the Shark I had but in the end my ikkle hands needed something skinnier.

5 hours ago, ahpook said:

I wish they'd do their basses in jazz-style nut widths - I loved the Shark I had but in the end my ikkle hands needed something skinnier.

And I downright HATE narrow fretboards. Just sold my Status J neck only because it was so narrow.

Everything under 19 mm @ the bridge is for g-word players, and narrow saddle is the same. I even have a 36" fretless that is a joy to play, so my fretted wonderbass would be... 5-string with aforementioned specs. And lightweight.