Why become a member? ×

Get your STATUS-GRAPHITE basses out!

OutToPlayJazz

I used a Status Stealth II (5-String; Headless) exclusively for about 10 years. 

It’s a lovely bass but a conventional 4-string bass seems to work better in my current rock covers  bands.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chezz55 said:

I used a Status Stealth II (5-String; Headless) exclusively for about 10 years. 

It’s a lovely bass but a conventional 4-string bass seems to work better in my current rock covers  bands.

Do you still have the 5?

1 hour ago, pbasspecial said:

Not sure if it counts but I have 2 P basses with status necks. Well actually one with a status jazz neck and the other a GMT P bass neck. GMT was the original company Rob Green had before Status. 

Still counts if it has Status on it.😎

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Alan Wilkes said:

Do you still have the 5?

Yep, it's the one in my avatar - through-neck CFC with red tint and red side LEDs.

it doesn't get played much these days but every so often I'll open the case and look at it for a few minutes - then pick it up and noodle for a while and then put it back in its case until the next time ................. bit of a waste really I should play it much more than I do.

Just picked this up in a trade. I've owned a 3000 and a S2 Headed 5 String before but never a Kingbass. 

I'm closer in playing style to Billy Jean King than I am to Mark King but the combination of the 32" scale and the 16.5mm spacing feels really good. I forgot how nice graphite necks are too play too. 

The body shape is taking a bit of getting used to and the lower frets feel a long way away due to the placement of the strap button. It's early days though and although I can dial in some great sounds, I do feel a bit of a fraud in playing a stunt bass :)

Here it is with my other recent acquisition; a Fender US 75th Anniversary P Bass. Talk about chalk and cheese...

10E0F0A3-6C6B-4B7E-8C1B-5322AC86C477.jpeg

BF6497CC-435C-49CE-9CE4-FFB46E8A9C2B.jpeg

73D4353D-D466-40A5-8818-374C72D25C1D.jpeg

69674EB8-2293-4276-8C4A-C1EBEC9D61ED.jpeg

• Like 5

I had one for about 10 minutes back in the 90s. I think it was one of the mid-price models - played great but I wasn't too keen on the sound, so I tried to put in a different active preamp, which didn't work out too well. Fortunately, I still managed to sell it for more than I paid for it and ended up buying a Warwick Streamer! 

I recently saw Rhino Edwards playing in a tiny venue with a headed Status four string, which looked and sounded great...! 

Edited by peteb

I’ve a Status Chris Wolstenholme 4 in woven chrome/burst. With red LEDs.

and a 1988 S2 headless 5 string. 

Amazing basses. I’m after another 5 string with wider spacing when their books open again. 😊

CE67B4BA-9015-4335-9A17-19E9E01606B3.jpeg

Edited by woodyratm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

Love those inlays!

Thanks, me too! They're a custom option derived from the John Entwistle Buzzard models. They're actually not inlaid, but rather liquid white epoxy resin that was cast into routings in the fingerboard - so they're absolutely seamless. I love the contrast with the ultra black phenolic fingerboard and how they closely match the white of the body. So much that I chose one as my avatar 😎

It's the looks of this bass that made me want it in the first place, and made me buy it without trying or hearing it first. No regrets! 

Edited by LeftyJ
  • Like 1