Why become a member? ×

Get your STATUS-GRAPHITE basses out!

OutToPlayJazz

• 3 weeks later...

It's bleak drizzly day in Essex, so I decided to go right to the back of 'the room' and say hello to a few friends I haven't seen in a while.

I had forgotten what a lovely bass this early Empathy is. It was my #1 back in the day, before I got hooked on Stingrays, but still plays like a dream.

It has an almost unbelievably low action with no buzz and can be relied upon to stay tuned. I feel lucky to have stumbled across it when I did.

IMG_9759.jpeg

IMG_9758.jpeg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

It's bleak drizzly day in Essex, so I decided to go right to the back of 'the room' and say hello to a few friends I haven't seen in a while.

I had forgotten what a lovely bass this early Empathy is. It was my #1 back in the day, before I got hooked on Stingrays, but still plays like a dream.

It has an almost unbelievably low action with no buzz and can be relied upon to stay tuned. I feel lucky to have stumbled across it when I did.

IMG_9759.jpeg

IMG_9758.jpeg

Blimey. Wish I had a room like that! 😂 is it headed mate? 

On 20/06/2020 at 14:14, Deedee said:

Well my wait is over but it was all worth it. This beauty arrived yesterday and it is absolutely stunning. Plays and sounds as good as it looks. 😍

1.jpg

A CW Sig is close to my ideal spec for a Status! I love the full carbon look, I love the different pickup positions, and I love the variable cut and boost on the filter. 

If I could afford to, and if Rob would be willing to, I would spec a lefty headless CW 5-string with the graphite top reaching all the way up the forearm carve, and I would like the preamp modified (but I'm guessing that's impossible, since the Board 303 is fully PCB-mount). For me, the mid frequency knob is a set-and-forget affair, I never touch it. So I would like it to be an internal trimpot, and have the boost/cut-knob moved to the middle position so the controls are arranged more like a conventional 3-band EQ. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

6AAA8A12-D21B-4E4C-A010-559078CEF5DE.thumb.jpeg.ee92de94f0f5f1e23dd13a53df0d26bc.jpeg9BB9EA09-5ABB-4A4A-9D4B-6FF08C73960C.thumb.jpeg.243e87a2391bc1008fea25bcff47f021.jpeg7AB34397-F79B-4EBB-8D5A-B2947BA00A6A.thumb.jpeg.e41a4bfea165944b980ae889dddd445a.jpegF1E85285-AE8A-4BD3-8BE9-FB0B179D642B.thumb.jpeg.73ec610bfdfdf32158c28bbadac85af1.jpeg

Missed out on a Groove bass. Was gutted - then spotted @Geddys nose was flogging this. Been around the block a fair bit (think it’s been sold on basschat once and bass direct too...)

So. Although I’d planned to not buy for a bit, this absolutely grabbed me so I had to chance my arm.

East pre - the switch is a DFA remnant of the old status circuit. May look at remedying that.

Light, a P neck, factory relic - which considering they’re not known for it is actually a good job.

Clean down, restring, Set up...and will play Tonight when I’ve done my Sunday afternoon messing about.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...