Why become a member? ×

People selling stuff they don't own

Guest McBass

Funny this guy withdrew the bass for sale because he never owned it....i now own it, it's a keeper unless i want to sell it to buy a Wal fretless.
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/249861-wal-bass-mk1-custom/page__pid__2611855"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/249861-wal-bass-mk1-custom/page__pid__2611855[/url]

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1419006578' post='2635682']
Some one else has that profile picture which had me confused for a bit, must like borrowing photos!
[/quote]

Hi Pete, no that's definitely me...someone is cloning me lol.
[quote name='FuNkShUi' timestamp='1419006588' post='2635683']
I'm guessing you're the person who actually won it in the auction?
So jfader was trying to sell it before he had it?
I'm not calling anyone out by the way, I'm just trying to understand the situation.
[/quote]
Nah he won it, however didn't pay for it. So in effect he advertised it when he didn't own it.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1419013234' post='2635765']
So the guy won it on ebay then listed on here before he had paid for or collected it?
[/quote]
Won it at an online auction then listed it on here the same day, he hadn't paid for it.....naughty!

wow that's terrible!! first the guy shoots for the moon selling a bass and the guy never had possession of it!! that's definitely shows poor character right there. i'd be surprised and hope that everyone would be wary if he ever thinks of selling anything on BC again.

@McBass got any new pics of the bass? only pics i saw of it is the ones on the old Wal registry and glimpses of the auction site.

Bass seems to be elusive as Moby.

Edited by kulit17

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1419006812' post='2635687']
I think those of us who followed that for sale advert (and then posted amusing comments which were subsequently removed LOL) all thought the same...
[/quote]

Yep, skeptical posts from honest members who smelled a rat were removed, whilst the interests of the dishonest member were apparently protected....

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1419022483' post='2635867']
Short selling.
[/quote]
This.

It's quite respectable in some quarters apparently, although they don't operate under quite the same rules. :mellow:

[quote][i]16. Marketplace [/i]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]( a ) Subscriptions to use the marketplace will not be refunded to members whose forum behaviour or conduct results in them receiving any form of account suspension or banning.
( b ) Posts in the 'Wanted Items' forum must not allude to any other item being available for trade or sale.
( c ) Items for sale or links to items for sale are not allowed to be shown in member's signatures unless the item, or link to it, is an item that is advertised for sale or trade within the forum guidelines by the same member on this website.
( d ) [b]Only items that are owned by and in the possession of the member can be advertised for sale or trade.[/b]
( e ) Items that are not considered appropriate for sale in the 'any items' forum will be removed at the discretion of the Moderating Team. These will generally be items that are illegal to possess either by statute law or by age restriction such as tobacco and alcohol.[/size][/font][/color][/quote]

[quote name='Dazed' timestamp='1419024840' post='2635904']
Dodgy Tw*t

I would be very wary of this then..................
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/250646-old-german-bass/page__pid__2621698#entry2621698
[/quote]
Crikey, I agree. Should a mod be looking at this then? We know the sale price was £2000 less than the asking price which is just bad form but not against rules, listing items you dont own is so id suggest a nuking of the account in 5...4....3......2.....

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1419025261' post='2635910']
I'm sure hes nicked the profile pic too, isnt that Merton's?
I am terrible with names, I only know you all by the picture!
[/quote]
That's Merello's. But before that (Crazy)Kiwi used to use it. Now that used to confuse the hell out of me!

I'd always assumed it was something off B3ta.

The final post on that Wal FS thread said

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:56 PM
"Decided not to sell this. It's a great bass despite the colour. Nothing a bit of gaffer tape can't cover up for a while... "

Porky pie of the highest order, sorry but this guy needs to give a better explanation of his actions or be chucked out of BassChat in my view

Edited by Clarky