Why become a member? ×

For Trade - Awesome Carvin BX1500 1500W Bass head (Light at 10lbs)
£400

Raslee

I'm finding both my Markbass Amp and Carvin are quite similar sounding and i've been considering selling one as i have a Genz Combo too. I love them all but i enjoy the filters on the Markbass that the Carvin doesn't have, however the Carvin does have parametric eq and a whole host of other great attributes. I'm not too bothered really if this doesn't trade as I'm very happy to keep and I may change my mind anyhow as the Carvin is the most versatile amp i've ever owned.

Tradewise, At the moment I fancy another bass.....try me on anything but I fancy a Warwick, Yamaha, Musicman Ray 34 or US Sub, would consider the cheaper SUBs too with some cash my way. I like old quicky basses too like the Ibanez Musician/Studio etc. 4 or 5's...may even fancy a 6.

I Would also entertain a swap for a different voiced amp like an Eden, Orange Terror, Genz Streamliner perhaps (again) or a Markbass cab.

So back to the Carvin, Specs,,,basically its sh*t hot and in superb condition as its been rack mounted since new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7hU1pzWE9E

Stock pic:

[i]The BX1500 dual mono block rack mount bass head delivers huge power that’s rich and warm all generated from discrete Class A preamps and 12AX7 tube driven power amps. The comprehensive EQ is fun to work, shaping all your tones to perfection. There is not a more powerfully featured, fabulous sounding bass head on the market, and this one is an ultra-light 10 lbs.
– 1500w RMS, bridgeable
– Dual Power Amps – Biamping
– Warm 12AX7 Tube
– 3 Parametric EQs, 9-band EQ
– 2 rack space
– Ultra Light 10 Lbs
– Made in San Diego, California
[b]BX1500 Features:[/b]
– 2 power amps deliver 300w at 8 ohm, 450w at 4 ohms, and 750w at 2 ohm each or 900w at 8 ohm bridged or 1500w at 4 ohms bridged
– Rich, warm 12AX7 tube drives each power amp and features a rear In/Out switch
– 3 EQ sections, the Contour Control going from a flat mid response to a heavy scooped mid response for slap bass players, the 3 mid sweeps with Bass and Treble precisely dial in your exact needs, and the 9 band graphic is perfect for overall tone shaping – foot switchable. No bass head has more tonal flexibility.
– A one knob compressor adjusts for smooth light compression and the internal amp limiters hold everything.
– Bi-Amping is easily done from the front panel crossover control with each amp setting it own level for the HI and LO balance
– Everything is nicely controlled with independent Amp 1 & 2 Levels and a Master Volume
– A conveniently located Mute switch and an Active/Passive switch to tailor the input for different pickup configurations, plus Graphic EQ,Effects and X-over front panel switches
– The rear panel features an XLR Balanced DIRECT output with Level control and pre or post switch.
– 3 High current Speakon™ 1/4-inch combo speaker connectors are for Amp 1, 2 and Bridge
– Rear panel Effect loop, stereo amp patch inserts and an un-muted turner jacks.
– The CLASS D power amps feature high current, high speed FET output devices for optimal 2 ohm current.
– The high headroom reveals its high dynamic power from the Switchmode power supply that operates at 100,000 Hz delivering maximum efficiency while reducing weight.
– The head runs cool from its 94% efficiency. There is no wasted heat or energy from the AC Wall plug
– Auto-switching AC input for 120V 60 Hz or 240V 50 Hz
– Size: 2U rack mount 19″ wide x 10.5″ deep x 3.5″ high
– Weight: 10 lbs
– Made in the USA[/i]

Edited by Raslee