Why become a member? ×

output jack

mumra

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][size=1]Hallo to everyone. I have an 1991 alemnbic Europa bass 4 string. Suddenly I noticed that the sound is different. I changed the batteries but nothing changed. I run it through an ampeg svt 4 pro and svt 410he. I have the same settings like before. I think that I can't hear the punch and the MIDs that I hear in the past.did anyone have the same problem in the past?[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][size=1]I post the same to alembic club[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='mumra' timestamp='1418638417' post='2631824']
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][size=1]Hallo to everyone. I have an 1991 alemnbic Europa bass 4 string. Suddenly I noticed that the sound is different. I changed the batteries but nothing changed. I run it through an ampeg svt 4 pro and svt 410he. I have the same settings like before. I think that I can't hear the punch and the MIDs that I hear in the past.did anyone have the same problem in the past?[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][size=1]I post the same to alembic club[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP A BIT, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1418640282' post='2631846']
YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP A BIT, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
[/quote]He said -
[size=5]"[color=#000000][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Hallo to everyone. I have an 1991 alemnbic Europa bass 4 string. Suddenly I noticed that the sound is different. I changed the batteries but nothing changed. I run it through an ampeg svt 4 pro and svt 410he. I have the same settings like before. I think that I can't hear the punch and the MIDs that I hear in the past.did anyone have the same problem in the past?[/font][/color][/size]
[size=5][color=#000000][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]I post the same to alembic club[/font][/color] "[/size]

@ mumra; Why do you say 'output jack' do you think the socket is faulty?

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I try different cable but nothing changed. As i said i already post it to alembic forum and some people told me that maybe it is the output jack that having a problem. I can't play it trough another head now.[/font][/size]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][size=1] I also play with an aria pro II sb black n gold II. The first thinking is that i stack in my ears the mid/tremble sound of the aria pro and now the europa sounds very bass tone to me.But i don't believe is this the reason of the sound problem cause It is so "monotone"..[/size][/font][/color]
[url="http://alembic.com/club/messages/393/203798.html"][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][size=1]http://alembic.com/club/messages/393/203798.html[/size][/font][/color][/url]

[b]WHAT?? WHO'S THERE?? IS IT TIME FOR MY NAP YET?? :P[/b]

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1418641943' post='2631878']
It's probably worth using switch cleaner spray on all pots and switches just in case any of those are affecting the signal.
[/quote]

Heh. Anyway yes, that's what I'd try first.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1418641943' post='2631878']
It's probably worth using switch cleaner spray on all pots and switches just in case any of those are affecting the signal.
[/quote]
Don't use Switch cleaner on Alembics, the pots and switches are sealed and are self cleaning.
http://alembic.com/club/messages/16271/16357.html?1107712343

As for the switches it's recommended switching them on and off about 30 times or so to clean them.

[quote name='jazzyvee' timestamp='1418652722' post='2631984']
Don't use Switch cleaner on Alembics, the pots and switches are sealed and are self cleaning.
[url="http://alembic.com/club/messages/16271/16357.html?1107712343"]http://alembic.com/c...html?1107712343[/url]

As for the switches it's recommended switching them on and off about 30 times or so to clean them.
[/quote]

Ah thanks for the correction, I wasn't aware of that.

[quote name='mumra' timestamp='1418643632' post='2631902']
Ghost_bass i have some months ( i dont remember exactly) but I haven't play with them a lot. In the past I used the same strings (rotosound rs 66 ld-45/105) for a while and with a lot of playing and no problem.
[/quote]

I would definetly try a new set of strings with a fresh battery and go the "rotate all pots/flick all switches/plug in and out a jack +/-30 times" before going messing with the electronics.

Having said that i must point that it's winter time and there's more humidity in the air so there's a big chance that some condensation might have accumulated on the electronics causing some kind of short, so a spray with contact cleaner on the PCB (if there's any visible) wouldn't hurt the bass.

A trip to a tech is also a good idea if you're not comfortable to do it yourself.