Why become a member? ×

Bugera Veyron BV1001M

disssa

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1418646142' post='2631923']How's the build quality? My experience of Behringer stuff previously hasn't been that positive, but they're built to a price.
Also, what's the sound like?[/quote]

The build quality is really good, build like the Genz Benz Streamliner Amps.
The Amp chassis is made from metal.

Some knobs are illuminated, when activ:

The Sound is a bit like "vintage", a lot of low end and nice mids. I like it to compare the sound with the Streamliner, but the Veyron has the better equalizer, because this one is easier to use. The ability to select the center frequency of the mids is very helpful.

Edited by TraceAmp

[quote name='TraceAmp' timestamp='1418655655' post='2632013']
The Amp chassis is made from metal, only the backside is plastic.

The Sound is a bit like "vintage", a lot of low end and nice mids. I like it to compare the sound with the Streamliner, but the Veyron has the better equalizer, because this one is easier to use. The ability to select the center frequency of the mids is very helpful.
[/quote]

Thanks mate, sounds very interesting!

Eude

[quote name='TraceAmp' timestamp='1418655655' post='2632013']
The Amp chassis is made from metal.

The Sound is a bit like "vintage", a lot of low end and nice mids. I like it to compare the sound with the Streamliner, [color=#000080][b]but the Veyron has the better equalizer, because this one is easier to use. The ability to select the center frequency of the mids is very helpful[/b][/color].
[/quote]

in what way is it easier to use?

the Streamliner also has selectable center frequency for the mids...

[quote name='Jenny_Innie' timestamp='1418726551' post='2632649']
So you work for, or are some agent of, the company then?
[/quote]

No, I have no relations to Behringer/Bugera. I asked since 9 Month for that amp and got now one amp for testing only.

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1418728996' post='2632675']

in what way is it easier to use?

the Streamliner also has selectable center frequency for the mids...[/quote]

But the single knobs of the EQ and gain reacts to each other. It is very difficult, to find a "neutral" sound with a streamliner.

[quote name='TraceAmp' timestamp='1418738644' post='2632826']
But the single knobs of the EQ and gain reacts to each other. It is very difficult, to find a "neutral" sound with a streamliner.
[/quote]

Ah, I see what you mean. Yes, they do interact to some degree, but I wouldn't call it "difficult". I find it very simple, and if I find it simple, trust me, it must be simple :lol:
I don't look for a "neutral" sound in an amp, I look for a good sound, a sound that works well in the band and makes me smile. It's extremely simple to achieve that on the Streamliner.

I'm still curious about the Veyron.

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1418740311' post='2632840']

Ah, I see what you mean. Yes, they do interact to some degree, but I wouldn't call it "difficult". I find it very simple, and if I find it simple, trust me, it must be simple :lol:
I don't look for a "neutral" sound in an amp, I look for a good sound, a sound that works well in the band and makes me smile. It's extremely simple to achieve that on the Streamliner.

I'm still curious about the Veyron.
[/quote] mcnach simple?

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1418684954' post='2632424']
It's funny, when I talk about my Markbass amps I always say they're the size of a car stereo. But this even looks like one! :D
[/quote]

And it's still got a slot for cassette tapes :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For my use, it wouldn't need to be louder than PF800 or RH750! I'm simply looking for a half-decent, small, light, fairly powerful head I can use as a back-up. Spec looks good on paper. Only review I can find is Dissa's, in German. Hasn't anybody else tried one?

[quote name='Jenny_Innie' timestamp='1422309144' post='2671105']
Do you think it actually will be 2000 watts? Will it be much louder than a PF800 or an RH750 for example? It's also quite a cheap thing. Does that mean it'll be quite low quality?
[/quote]

2000w peak would be loud. 2000w RMS (ie continuous power) would be very loud!

Saying that, in my experience, D class watts don't produce the volume that the equivalent solid state watts do, which in turn don't produce the volume that valve watts do.

Will it be louder than the PF800? Most likely, but nowhere near twice as much - more like 12% louder

The RH750 is a bit more contentious due to the 'actual' wattage issue, so best not go there :-)

In terms of quality, Bugera is a sub brand of Behinger, who make some poor stuff, and some that is great value for money. I certainly wouldn't dismiss it on the strength of the brand or price. I'm looking forward to seeing the reviews for this.

Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='Jenny_Innie' timestamp='1422309144' post='2671105']
Do you think it actually will be 2000 watts? Will it be much louder than a PF800 or an RH750 for example? It's also quite a cheap thing. Does that mean it'll be quite low quality?
[/quote]

Tried to find actual tech specs rather than the high noise-signal marketing fluff on their site... even the downloaded PDF doesn't give anything away... Looking at their cab blurb they talk about 1000W and then keep the 250W RMS to small print... I'd guess the power handling for the amp is peak but they don't even seem to say what the 2KW power is into - 4 ohms? 2?

[quote name='disssa' timestamp='1421072773' post='2656797']
Unfortunately only in german: [url="http://www.musiker-board.de/threads/bugera-veyron-m-bv1001m.598979/"]Klick[/url]
[/quote]

English translation here [url="http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.musiker-board.de/threads/bugera-veyron-m-bv1001m.598979/&prev=search"]http://translate.goo...79/&prev=search[/url]

The reviewer estimates it can deliver a real world 500 to 600 RMS watts and seems to like it. Note the 2000 watts is peak into 4 ohms.

Edited by HowieBass

This is Ampeg PF-500/800 clone. Just like they did with other BVV - they stole SVT-3PRO, 4PRo and SVT-CL design. The blue drivers in this cab are obvious, and they really ARE "world famous" and "british engineered".

Edited by mazdah

Well if you wanted to hear how they sound, Doug Wimbish was playing one at NAMM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn57mzmLGzQ#t=135

And Here's him with Victor Wooten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTpioN2g7Bg

And yes I hate that bloody kid in the first video, too much young to have more talent than me.