Why become a member? ×

UPDATE! NEVER GIVE UP! Don't get slack like me! BF cabs nicked from car.

Reverend

You may or may not remember the post below. Loads of my stuff got stolen from my car.

Well, this story has taken a twist! I'm a diligent little f**ker, and after a couple of months spent scouring eBay, Gumtree etc, I saw what looked like my modded Boss CS-3 on the Cash Converters web-site. They'd removed all the silly stickers that I put all over my pedals, but the big giveaway was a recognisable scratch on the front. I decided to go in to Streatham cash converters where it was located to have a look, and as soon as I walked in - lo and behold - all (well nearly all) my stuff. Right there!

After a couple of months of jumping through hoops with the police, I finally picked it all up tonight. A Barefaced Compact and Super Midget, and my beloved EBS Valve Drive, the Boss CS-3 and a Boss LS-2. Sadly, my VT-Bass and T-Rex Fuel Tank hadn't showed up, but hey, I'm willing to let that go.

So - moral of the story. Don't give up scouring the internet and local shops for a good while if your things get stolen. I found my stuff popped up online a good month and a half after they were taken.

I guess the upshot of all this is that I'd bought a BF Super Compact in the meantime, so there may be a Compact or Super Compact coming up for sale in the next few weeks, depending on which one I decide I like better. Keep your eyes peeled!

Have good evenings all, and look after your things!

Al

Hello guys,

Here's a reminder not to get distracted when unloading your vehicle, thus making you forget to unload the rest of the stuff. I paid a high price for doing so last night. My Barefaced cabs (Compact and Super Midget) were stolen from my car in Vauxhall last night, along with my pedal board.

This probably a futile post, but as the cabs are rare, and one has a serial number, these may pop up somewhere.

So if you see a [b]Barefaced Super Midget serial number 001[/b] for sale anywhere, please get in touch on here. If it's being sold alongside a [b]1st generation Compact 15[/b], then that's probably mine also, but it won't have a serial number, as they didn't back in the day.

Both cabs were in black Roqsolid cases with white trim.

The pedal board is a massive bummer too, don't have serials for most of that stuff. The [b]EBS Valve drive[/b] serial 300001 is distinctive because the two outermost knobs have come off and I've replaced them with different ones. I'll probs never see these things again, but you may see that Valve Drive around.

I've attached links to pics just in case you randomly get offered this stuff. The pedal board is slightly different now, but most things are still there - the Sansamp has been replaced with a VT-Bass, and the Ashdown and Echo Park have gone.

[url="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2e35jseweotsi7w/AAA36glNbttcVXRYrDS2C4pUa?dl=0"]https://www.dropbox....YrDS2C4pUa?dl=0[/url]

Anyway, stay on point people, don't be an idiot and leave stuff in your car overnight. Lesson learned.

Al.

Edited by Reverend

If you haven't already, circulate these details round to the local Crack, sorry, CASH Converters shops as there's a great chance they'll turn up at one of those shortly after theft. (Along with other secondhand gear outlets)

Sad news. Hope you were insured. As above, keep an eye out in the local cash converters etc.

Sorry to say but anything with a distinctive serial number is generally discarded/disguised by canny thieves. I lost a custom made bass #00001 from a tour van theft years ago - the rest of the stuff turned up in a Cash Converters down the road but the police said that the distinctive serial number would probably mean they chucked it in the canal.

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1418393402' post='2629857']...they chucked it in the canal.
[/quote]

Good luck with that with a Barefaced. The bloody thing would float..! :mellow:[size=4] [/size]

[size=3][i](Sorry for the flippancy; it's a sad loss...)[/i][/size]