Why become a member? ×

Ampeg Heritage Series SVT410-HLF

Guest BeardyBob

Guest BeardyBob

This refers to the [b]Heritage[/b] Series 410HLF, not the [b]Classic[/b] Series 410HLF

Versus the Classic, the Heritage offers lovely Eminence drivers, lighter weight, much lower -3dB frequency response & a pretty grille cloth. In full:

[quote][list]
[*]4 x 10″ custom U.S. made Eminence LF drivers
[*]500 watts RMS power handling @ 4 ohm
[*]1″ Eminence APT:50 HF driver w/ L-Pad level control
[*]Frequency response: 28Hz – 18kHz
[*]Max SPL: 125dB
[*]Sensitivity: 98dB
[*]Weight: 76 lbs
[*]Rugged 15mm Birch enclosure
[*]Premium Heritage black sparkle grille cloth, soft Tolex and trim
[/list]
[/quote]

I [b]adore[/b] this cab. I gig on the toilet scene, so lots of quick changeovers & shared stages. This restored my faith in non-810 single-cab-setups.

It's a 4ohm ported 4x10" with a horn. It offers a really low frequency response & really high frequency response - both on paper & in practice!

This has thrown out out whatever I've given it. With a modest Ampeg B-2RE head, I can boost 80-150Hz to really drive LFs & still move enough air to dominate a loud rock band with headroom to spare! Aahhh I love it.

The overall sound is delicious. I guess it's warm - definitely not transparent or scooped or deep or thin like other cabs I've used. Thick. I'll use thick.

The drivers themselves sound beautiful, in fact I've started raising it off the floor so I can hear the transients better. Mmmm. There is a horn with adjustable level - I leave it at 50% which gives a nice balanced clarity. Any lower gets into that muted "115" territory & any higher tends to make me want to kill pop punk kids.

It has a big chunky stainless carry bar on the top & tilts back onto two built-in heavy casters for transport. Annoyingly, you have to stoop really low to wheel this along - it makes a blummin' racket when doing so, but better than nothing.

I got my cab used at an absolute steal on ebay - they go for £833 new.

It's actually not too heavy, but it is bulky & awkward - almost as deep as it is wide. Getting it through doorways by yourself is annoying. I tend to lift it by myself using the stainless steel bar, not the flip-up side-handles.

The Ampeg padded cover that came with mine doesn't have holes to access the side handles. So, twosies up & down stairs means you have to take the cover off... a bit annoying.

I play with an Ampeg B-2RE solidstate head (450W 4ohm, 250W 8ohm) in a very loud rock band.

I've previously struggled with SVT410HE and SVT115E - both 8ohm. As single cabs, those were hugely flawed. Versus that pair of cabs (4ohm), the Heritage 410HLF is still better.

I did share someone's[i] Classic Series[/i] SVT410-HLF at a gig recently. It was all a bit rushed, but I thought it sounded more 'harsh' like the 410HE than my Heritage.

Overall verdict: 100% recommend for anyone wanting to go low, still have clarity & definition, in a single & reasonably portable cab.

Warning: it will make you want to try it with a lovely lovely head.

Edited by BeardyBob

• 1 year later...

I agree with everything written above. It's a great powerful cab with rich sound. You can get a wide range of sound from the cab, from a clear piano-like sound to a growling beast. Personally, I use Gallien-Krueger Fusion 550 amp and I think they match well each other. Nevertheless, when willing to carry my Fender Bassman 135, then it's a killer set. Only cons are the dimensions for me as I have a small car and the handling is tiring a little bit sometimes. It's always good to have a good friend nearby. My verdict is 10/10.

Edited by william64

• 6 years later...
On 01/12/2014 at 23:14, Guest BeardyBob said:

This refers to the [b]Heritage[/b] Series 410HLF, not the [b]Classic[/b] Series 410HLF

Versus the Classic, the Heritage offers lovely Eminence drivers, lighter weight, much lower -3dB frequency response & a pretty grille cloth. In full:

[quote][list]
[*]4 x 10″ custom U.S. made Eminence LF drivers
[*]500 watts RMS power handling @ 4 ohm
[*]1″ Eminence APT:50 HF driver w/ L-Pad level control
[*]Frequency response: 28Hz – 18kHz
[*]Max SPL: 125dB
[*]Sensitivity: 98dB
[*]Weight: 76 lbs
[*]Rugged 15mm Birch enclosure
[*]Premium Heritage black sparkle grille cloth, soft Tolex and trim
[/list]
[/quote]

I [b]adore[/b] this cab. I gig on the toilet scene, so lots of quick changeovers & shared stages. This restored my faith in non-810 single-cab-setups.

It's a 4ohm ported 4x10" with a horn. It offers a really low frequency response & really high frequency response - both on paper & in practice!

This has thrown out out whatever I've given it. With a modest Ampeg B-2RE head, I can boost 80-150Hz to really drive LFs & still move enough air to dominate a loud rock band with headroom to spare! Aahhh I love it.

The overall sound is delicious. I guess it's warm - definitely not transparent or scooped or deep or thin like other cabs I've used. Thick. I'll use thick.

The drivers themselves sound beautiful, in fact I've started raising it off the floor so I can hear the transients better. Mmmm. There is a horn with adjustable level - I leave it at 50% which gives a nice balanced clarity. Any lower gets into that muted "115" territory & any higher tends to make me want to kill pop punk kids.

It has a big chunky stainless carry bar on the top & tilts back onto two built-in heavy casters for transport. Annoyingly, you have to stoop really low to wheel this along - it makes a blummin' racket when doing so, but better than nothing.

I got my cab used at an absolute steal on ebay - they go for £833 new.

It's actually not too heavy, but it is bulky & awkward - almost as deep as it is wide. Getting it through doorways by yourself is annoying. I tend to lift it by myself using the stainless steel bar, not the flip-up side-handles.

The Ampeg padded cover that came with mine doesn't have holes to access the side handles. So, twosies up & down stairs means you have to take the cover off... a bit annoying.

I play with an Ampeg B-2RE solidstate head (450W 4ohm, 250W 8ohm) in a very loud rock band.

I've previously struggled with SVT410HE and SVT115E - both 8ohm. As single cabs, those were hugely flawed. Versus that pair of cabs (4ohm), the Heritage 410HLF is still better.

I did share someone's[i] Classic Series[/i] SVT410-HLF at a gig recently. It was all a bit rushed, but I thought it sounded more 'harsh' like the 410HE than my Heritage.

Overall verdict: 100% recommend for anyone wanting to go low, still have clarity & definition, in a single & reasonably portable cab.

Warning: it will make you want to try it with a lovely lovely head.

Hi BeardyBob I’m looking to change my set up to a one cab rig and also love the Ampeg tone , are you able to push the Heritage 410hlf pretty hard without the speakers farting out ? can it get loud only asking as I play in a 9 piece Ska band and there’s a lot of sound on stage and not quiet 

thanks 

stu