Why become a member? ×

Squier CV Telecaster Butterscotch Blonde Thoughts?

Bass_Guardian

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' timestamp='1421104939' post='2657311']
Finally got it last week!

Colour is even nicer in the 'flesh'! Build quality is brilliant. Ran my fingers down the side of the neck and there no sharp frets, the action is nice and low out the box, don't think i need to adjust it.

Only con i would say is the pickups could have a bit more 'oomph' but for £280 brand new i'm not complaining!

My mate who has american fender strats and teles including a custom shop tele had a shot of it and was surprised at the feel of the neck and playability so thats a plus. He's quite forward when it comes to criticising instruments. Only flaw he said was the same as me, pickups could be better.

All in all, good starter instrument for me :D chuffed!
[/quote]

Glad you got it mate. In my opinion more than a starter instrument, build quality is definitely good enough to be a workable recording / gigging guitar. I've never really had any complaints about pickups, with my guitar effects / amp sim unit can dial in virtually anything.

I've actually had mine a year to this very day according to timehop and I restrung it today for first time since buying it!

Happy NGD!

Edited by Greggo

[quote name='Greggo' timestamp='1421182358' post='2658243']

Glad you got it mate. In my opinion more than a starter instrument, build quality is definitely good enough to be a workable recording / gigging guitar. I've never really had any complaints about pickups, with my guitar effects / amp sim unit can dial in virtually anything.

I've actually had mine a year to this very day according to timehop and I restrung it today for first time since buying it!

Happy NGD!
[/quote]

Yeh :) get my own amp tomorrow hopefully. went for a Fender Mustang IV. Plenty of oomph and presents to help it sing...well that's the plan!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' timestamp='1427967291' post='2736345']
Might be offloading my CV Tele now. Seen a Fender Jap I've kinda pulled the trigger on :( one in one out.
[/quote]

What are you saying?
You can't have too many basses
... but you can have too many guitars.... ? ;)

I recently played a Japan Fender P
Really nice maple neck, with block inlays
It was still in the shop last week
.... so I had another go
Top quality Fender Japan stuff out there...
...mmmmm

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1428912158' post='2745750']
What are you saying?
You can't have too many basses
... but you can have too many guitars.... ? ;)

I recently played a Japan Fender P
Really nice maple neck, with block inlays
It was still in the shop last week
.... so I had another go
Top quality Fender Japan stuff out there...
...mmmmm
[/quote]

Exactly what i'm saying ;)

Loving the sound from my new Jap tele :) I think i've made the right choice :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the CV butterscotch tele, one of the best guitars I've owned sound and playability wise especially when you factor in the price! Real well built and good quality instrument, can't recommend it enough! Only downsides are, my one is pretty heavy (however not uncomfortably so) and there is a lot of gloss on the back of the neck which I personally don't mind but I know is an issue for some people. Also the fretboard/neck/headstock all have a pretty heavy vintage tint; it can look almost orange in some lights!

• 3 months later...

[quote name='marlborored' timestamp='1429971131' post='2756828']
there is a lot of gloss on the back of the neck which I personally don't mind but I know is an issue for some people.
[/quote]

Picked up this trick from another board: take some of the gloss off with a nylon scouring pad, then use furniture polish on a duster to buff it up. Repeat a few times and you end up with a real quality ultra-fast neck. Definitely worked for me.

Though it's my least expensive electric, my BSB is my real workhorse. I've tried a few teles and none beats it until you get into the £1K+ Fenders, even then the improvements are pretty small given the price difference.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' timestamp='1427967291' post='2736345']
Might be offloading my CV Tele now. Seen a Fender Jap I've kinda pulled the trigger on :( one in one out.
[/quote]

Noooooo no the CV!!!!!!!

Only joking.. If I was to see a Fender Jap Tele at the right price it would come home with me as well at the expense of the CV.

Would prefer a Jap model over Mexican anyday.

[quote name='Greggo' timestamp='1441276618' post='2857417']
Noooooo no the CV!!!!!!!

Only joking.. If I was to see a Fender Jap Tele at the right price it would come home with me as well at the expense of the CV.

Would prefer a Jap model over Mexican anyday.
[/quote]

Pulled the trigger...

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/259170-ngd-soon/