Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender Roscoe Beck V FS/FT
£1150

NJE

[b]Edit - For a straight sale I would take £1000[/b]

For sale and trade is my Roscoe Beck V in teal green metallic, which is a 2005 as far as I know.

I am selling because I have just moved and had several very expensive disasters in the past two weeks. This is the most valuable thing I own so I need to reclaim some money from it. It is a sore point, and I am not happy about it whatsoever but needs must and I am sure plenty of folks have been in the same position.

Superb bass in every way, build quality is in my opinion about as good as it gets and most definately on a par with my old Overwater custom J series and various other high end basses I have played/owned over the years. Most people will know about these basses but google will drag up the full spec and pickup options etc. If you want any info, please just message me and I will send you everything I know.

[b]Condition:[/b] It is in really great shape, it has some tarnishing to the machine-heads and some of the pick guard screws are a bit rusty but they are cheaply replaced. There is a scratch on the neck plate and some very light marks on the back of the top horn, but they wouldn't even show up in the pictures. Otherwise it is in very good condition considering it has been played regularly and is nearly 10 years old.

An additional hipshot string retainer has been added to the B and E string, something that is standard on the Marcus Miller V. The bass originally had chrome dome knobs which I still have, but I prefer the black Jazz knobs that are currently fitted (genuine Fender parts by the way).

The bass comes with the original G&G case and all of the original paperwork, strap, truss rod tool, allen key, and a Fender cleaning pack which is unopened.

[b]Sale and Trades (edited): [/b]A straight cash sale would be the best option, but I also need a replacement bass. I would take a part exchange with money my way on a cheaper bass. I need somewhere in the region of £400-£500 on top of a bass, but may rethink that if the bass is really nice.

Interested in:

Musicman Stingray 4/5
Fender Jazz or PJ pickup config basses
Lakland in J or PJ config
Anything else with a 'Fender-ish' appearance

I could probably post it, but for trades I would rather meet up and make sure the buyer is happy and visa versa.

Please message me if you have any questions.

EDIT: The pictures look a little grainy now they have uploaded, I have much better quality versions that I am happy to email over to anyone interested.

[attachment=177398:DSC_0456.JPG]
[attachment=177399:DSC_0458.jpg]
[attachment=177400:DSC_0460.JPG]
[attachment=177401:DSC_0463.JPG]
[attachment=177402:DSC_0466.JPG]
[attachment=177403:DSC_0476.jpg]
[attachment=177404:DSC_0475.JPG]

Edited by NJE

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1417260710' post='2618610']
My old one weighed in at 4.8 kilos. Sounds heavy but it's not when it's on. One of the most comfortable and well balanced basses I'd ever owned. They are the ultimate 5 string unless you want to spend double the money.

Good luck with the sale.
[/quote]

+1

GLWTS

[quote name='ROBBIE' timestamp='1417256593' post='2618567']
Hello NJE,
What is the weight please.

Many thanks
Rob
[/quote]

I have just given it a quick weigh on the bathroom scales in a few modes and it comes in at 4.5kg or 9.9lb. The weight has never been an issue for me, I had a Stingray 5 which I loved the sound of but it was significantly heavier than this, which was one of the main factors of selling it in the end.

It is very well balanced as leschirons says, very comfortable especially with a good strap like the Mono one I use.

[quote name='ROBBIE' timestamp='1417346199' post='2619285']
Thank you LJE for your prompt reply - sadly a little too heavy for me.

Regards
Rob
[/quote]

No problem, completely understand.

[quote name='fluffo' timestamp='1417369210' post='2619630']
If I can shift my 78 jazz I will be all over this
[/quote]

Excellent, good luck with your sale.

I am still pondering what I could replace this with and cant make my mind up. I will be happy to considder P and J basses, Stingrays/Sterlings, Laklands and 4 and 5 strings as partial trades.

[quote name='TraceAmp' timestamp='1418028255' post='2626009']
Free bump for one of the best 5-String, Fender ever made!
[/quote]

Thanks, it is a superb bass and I think one of the best J stye 5 strings about. I preferred this to the two custom Overwaters I once had, great B string!

[b]For a straight sale I would now take £1000.[/b]

Surprising to see my old bass up for sale, given that I know Nathan looked for one for a while before he bought mine, so I can only assume this is out of sheer necessity and not choice. I only gigged it three or four times in the years that I owned it and and from the photos it looks to be in exactly the same condition as it was when I sold it over 2 years ago, so any buyers can rest assured it has been well looked after.

And if it wouldnt risk me being kicked out to sleep in the shed, I might have even considered buying it back!! :D

GLWTS.

[quote name='EddieG' timestamp='1418150320' post='2627442']
Surprising to see my old bass up for sale, given that I know Nathan looked for one for a while before he bought mine, so I can only assume this is out of sheer necessity and not choice. I only gigged it three or four times in the years that I owned it and and from the photos it looks to be in exactly the same condition as it was when I sold it over 2 years ago, so any buyers can rest assured it has been well looked after.

And if it wouldnt risk me being kicked out to sleep in the shed, I might have even considered buying it back!! :D

GLWTS.
[/quote]

Hope your keeping well? You are spot on, I really don't want to sell it but the new house has a rotten bathroom which we didn't know about, and I have just forked out over 1k to get a new stove fitted to keep the house warm before we have people to stay for christmas. Apart from joint assets with my better half this is the most valuable thing I own so it needs to go. I will get another one and keep it one day.

[quote name='elbasisten' timestamp='1418295937' post='2628850']
Hi
Trade it for a Cirrus USA 5 2009?
[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
[/quote]

very kind offer, they are cracking basses but I am ideally after a cheap MusicMan or Fender Jazz with money my way for a trade.

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1419014744' post='2635784']
Any interest in a Fender Active P bass Special Deluxe plus cash? Or a 33" scale ACG Graft Recurve 5 plus cash? Would like an RBV in my life again (didn't you get my last one, many moons ago?).
[/quote]

Hi, yes my first RBV was from you a few years ago, lovely bass too. I think it was in a trade for my old Stingray? I have my heart set on another Stingray at the moment as I have just started a new project and its exactly what I need for the music we are doing. Thank you for the offers though.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I am happy to post the bass but I will only send it fully insured which adds to the cost.[/font][/color]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]I am pretty much open to any trades at the moment as I can't decide what I want. The only condition is that I do need a cheaper bass with money my way.[/color][/font]