Why become a member? ×

james nelligan telecaster style acoustic ew3000

hollywoodrox

anyone know much about these ^ have seen them advertised but hardly any reviews, I like the look of it, have heard some negative stuff on stratacoustic and telecoustic standards, ibanez talman seems my fave at the moment for a small body in this style but I do like the look of this ew3000

http://www.thomann.de/gb/stagg_james_neligan_ew3000_cbk.htm

I've had one for over a year, loads of gigs, loads of compliments from musos and, crucially, non musos on the sound!! Lots of dropped jaws at the price, an utterly fantastic instrument that I use alongside my epi ej200 for two or three gigs a week. My only criticism is that the bridge pins have to be held in during restringing. That's it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry guy, s I have played out with it twice now , I really like it , it is light and comfy and easy to play, my fellow guitar players seem to like it as well, from what I have heard it sounds nice, someone else is responsible for the P.a at local jams so you sort of get what you get, playing it down the pub thursday with a friend on the p.a. who usualy gets a nice sound. It sounds nice through my marshall valvestate 20 too, I let a pro player borrow it for a set and he enjoyed it. I really love it, super xmas present. It feels well made and looks great, thats about all I can say at present, the pre amp seems quite powerful and can be left flat at middle with a little bass cut, and some treble if you dont like a piezo toppy sound, for about 190 something it is a decent bit of kit

Hi and thanks for the update.

I've been looking for a thin bodied guitar that will give me a good acoustic tone and that one seems to fit the bill.

I was in my local store yesterday and they had a used Line 6 Variax Acoustic 700 for sale. It promises a lot, especially when paired with one of their floor pedals. I couldn't try it out fully as it had a fault but I'm going back next week to take a closer look.

I still can't figure out if the Neligan is a solid body or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...