Why become a member? ×

Why Don't Guys Care About Their Appearance?

blue

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1417086806' post='2616888']
Shawshank redemption is all I'm saying about the shoe thing, if you have seen it you will get it, if you haven't why haven't you?!
[/quote]

That whole shoe thing is very deep and clever.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1417083139' post='2616843']
Of course you need to take into account the gig but if you are doing a posh date in LOndon for good money, then
you make sure you wear proper shoes... even if you have to change into them.
Shoes tell you a lot ... :lol:
[/quote]
Absolutely - and nothing screams rock n'roll as loudly as a pair of highly polished black wingtips...!

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1416962847' post='2615639']
You're wearing t-shirts too.

Some T-shirts do look good on some people. Some people don't know this. Some people don't know recognise that they should never wear T-shirts.

The thing is many folk are not t-shirt shaped.
[/quote]

I'm not t-shirt shaped. I'm more smoking jacket shaped. It hides the man-boobs better :lol:

To paraphrase Terry Pratchett(The Monks of Cool.Pratchett fans will know this one)

"What's the coolest thing you can wear?"

"Hey,whatever I put on will look cool!" B) .

I always dress up for the stage,and expect the rest of the band to do likewise.
After all,people go to [i]see[/i] a band........

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1417044340' post='2616657']
I'm always looking for ideas and not afraid to push the wardrobe envelope.
[/quote]

I take something to wear when on stage which is different to whatever I've worn to set the gear up. Doing that gives me a reason to make some sort of decision about what I'll wear, rather than chucking on the first T-shirt I come to. Mrs Zero always puts thought into her clothes, and I am now under strict instructions to tell her if her bum (or any other bits) look big in this.

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1417029894' post='2616425']
What level are we talking - does it really have any impact on anyone what your local pub band wears? I couldn't care less, really, and I'm into fashion and take great care in my own appearance. For functions and weddings and maybe originals bands appearance certainly does matter, but down your local, where everyone else is dressed casually, I can't see why anyone would have a problem with jeans or whatever.[/quote]

At the local level or high profile I don't think anything really matters, wear jeans, wear t shirts whatever. What I was saying was, unless your a teenager why show up for a gig looking like a bum?

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1417130294' post='2617467']

I take something to wear when on stage which is different to whatever I've worn to set the gear up. Doing that gives me a reason to make some sort of decision about what I'll wear, rather than chucking on the first T-shirt I come to. Mrs Zero always puts thought into her clothes, and I am now under strict instructions to tell her if her bum (or any other bits) look big in this.
[/quote]

Nice shirt!

Blue

[quote name='lee4' timestamp='1417126204' post='2617409']
To paraphrase Terry Pratchett(The Monks of Cool.Pratchett fans will know this one)

"What's the coolest thing you can wear?"

"Hey,whatever I put on will look cool!" B) .[/quote]

For young guys, that's probably true.

Blue

[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1417177769' post='2617798']
I've always worn daft clothes when doing a gig... I just feel more comfortable that way!
Here's me 25 years ago:

And here's me last year, aged 50:

I find that the dafter I look, the less the audience notice how appalling the music is! And it's still the same boots...
[/quote]

I'd only have noticed the Wal anyway.....

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1417162968' post='2617582']
I think you're trying to create an impression of some kind.
[/quote]

Maybe, maybe that I'm a bar band level elder. :D

[i]"I am not going to argue about much on bass chat because if it weren't for what came out of the UK in the mid 60s I wouldn't be playing bass in a rock band today 50 years later. I didn't even see James Brown until I watched The Tammi Show."[/i]

Blue

Edited by blue