Why become a member? ×

DOD Meatbox Reissue

rushers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It boosts 30hz, it's never going to be super useable at big volumes through just a single cab rig, it needs a full PA to blow people away.
That said, if a 4x12 can't get down to that frequency area, I'd be questioning the cab. Even my Barefaced 1x15 can get down to 37hz

Si

Well, gave it trial run this morning. More extreme settings were fun, but a little bit overkill for the setting. More experimentation to be had, but I found quite a good subtle setting with low Octave settings and a slight boost to the two eq knobs. This gave a subtle boost to the sound without being overly effected.

It may sound like too much, but this actually sounded good used in conjunction with my OC-2, using the Meatbox more as an eq pedal to emphasise the octave effect.

[quote name='DanEly' timestamp='1442159827' post='2864760']
Well GAK have obviously forgotten I pre-ordered one! Disappointed that no ones contacted me to say the least! [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?&app=forums&module=extras&section=legends#"] :facepalm:[/url]
[/quote]

Mine was from Andertons, so may not reflect other retailers stock.

Si

Got my pre-order on Friday night at Juan Alderete's GAK/EQD clinic. It's so much fun, it's pretty extreme but fairly useable, even through my practice guitar amp at home, I can still dial it in without destroying the place. Can't wait for rehearsal this week! And gig on Saturday!

• 5 years later...

Bit of an old thread dredge, but I'm looking for a meat box for workshopping  a new piece of music next year.

Does anyone in London have one of the reissues they would consider lending after Christmas?

I'd be able to give an instrument as a deposit etc.

If the workshopping goes well I'd need to acquire a pedal to then take out to gigs.

As the meatbox reissue is already selling for silly money does anyone have an opinion on alternatives? The Mantic Density hulk for example?

Cheers

Thomas

8 hours ago, Woodwind said:

Bit of an old thread dredge, but I'm looking for a meat box for workshopping  a new piece of music next year.

Does anyone in London have one of the reissues they would consider lending after Christmas?

I'd be able to give an instrument as a deposit etc.

If the workshopping goes well I'd need to acquire a pedal to then take out to gigs.

As the meatbox reissue is already selling for silly money does anyone have an opinion on alternatives? The Mantic Density hulk for example?

Cheers

Thomas

The mantic is much cleaner if that makes sense its not got the bit of hair to it that the meatbox has.

sadly to my knowledge the density is the only similar pedal, octave downs just dont do the same thing however you could try an octave with a eq pedal to trim out freq you dnt want and just grab the MB one i believe 30, 60, and 90 hz but i could be totally wrong on those numbers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 0175westwood29 said:

The mantic is much cleaner if that makes sense its not got the bit of hair to it that the meatbox has.

sadly to my knowledge the density is the only similar pedal, octave downs just dont do the same thing however you could try an octave with a eq pedal to trim out freq you dnt want and just grab the MB one i believe 30, 60, and 90 hz but i could be totally wrong on those numbers.

Cleaner might be better for my use, so thank you for that insight.

Just been having a look for second hand examples and it looks like I'll have difficulty getting one.

In terms of workshopping the music I think your idea of octave and eq will be the way forward (If I can get it to work with this, then it will definitely work with a dedicated sub pedal).

• 5 months later...

Another thread dredge, this time to answer my own question from last year and potentially help anyone in a similar situation.

I just bought the latest version of thr Mantic Hulk and it's brilliant!

The dedicated dry output is the real winner here along with the facility to have the effect feed killed when the pedal is off. 

The tracking is really good - I get some odd artefacts with low C and below, but that's to be expected really.

I can't wait to get this into some subs at gigs!