Why become a member? ×

Revelation bass brand - any experience?

Romeo2

Tried a few of the revelation basses when I was last in Denmark street, they all had electrical issues of some sort, I am sure this is just a result of them being used and abused and not maintained by the shops and I am sure that in the hands of the average musician they would hold up fine, is a shame as they were otherwise very nice basses

[quote name='Romeo2' timestamp='1416833844' post='2613991']
Just came across this brand, cheaper than Squier VM or CV, similarly cheap as Harley Benton, stocked by the London's Bass Gallery, I am intrigued: http://www.revelationguitars.co.uk/bass

Anyone has one, tried one, opinions?
[/quote]

Gibson EB3 copy. Purchased one about 3 months ago, I'm over the moon with it. Build quality is probably as good as anything leaving the Gibson factory of late so I hear? To say they are value for money is an understatement seriously.

• 1 year later...

FYI - bought the 4-string RBN Neo.  AWESOME volume from those passive PUPS, best customer service & support from any importer ever (Sutherland).  Action was slinky when I got it with roundwounds on it; now restrung with flats and this is now the lowest, fastest bass I own, as well as the prettiest.  N.B. - the PUPS were so loud & clear (no electrical noise / problems here) I had to lower them into the body a wee bit.  The pole pieces are the most magnetic I've seen and they easily bend the string if too close.  £299 very well spent - never been tempted by any Fender / Squier "original"....all I've tried have been...erm....somewhat unpleasant.

P.S. - the tirelessly helpful product manager, Kev Lee, did confirm that their website is somewhat out-of-date; the RBN 4-string now ships exactly as the image of the RBN 5, namely painted-as-per-body headstock, block fingerboard inlays & the gorgeous paint job on the body.  BTW, the neck joint is 4-bolted on.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

It's been a while with this topic 😉

Anyway, I can buy a Revelation RBN for about £300. It's second hand and can't test it, because it's a few hundred miles away. From the pictures the condition seems near perfect, and I definitely love the looks. Is it worth it?

18 hours ago, Bonio said:

It's been a while with this topic 😉

Anyway, I can buy a Revelation RBN for about £300. It's second hand and can't test it, because it's a few hundred miles away. From the pictures the condition seems near perfect, and I definitely love the looks. Is it worth it?

They're great - SUPER hot for a passive bass. And they look lovely. Only downside is they're boat anchors - proper 70's Fender weight. The 5-string comes in at around 10lbs. 

They're also good mod platforms - the pickups are 35/40DC-sized so there's any number of replacement pickups available, and, if you want to upgrade to active electronics, it's already got a side jack. Been thinking of getting one and Wal-ifying it, with Herrick multicoils and a Lusithand NFP jazz plate preamp. 

• Like 1

Just bought it. Thanks for your reply. It's really hard to find much info, but what I could find is all good. It's not like Sire, which I was thinking of buying, that you have hundreds of videos on YouTube 😉

I can't wait until my baby arrives 😁

• Like 1