Why become a member? ×

Revelation bass brand - any experience?

Romeo2

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to resurect such an old thread but didn't seem worthwhile starting another one...

Did anyone play one the LP recording short scale basses? I'm GASsing like crazy for one! Looks awsome!

I've never played a shortscale but this has really pricked my ears up. Love the vintage look and unique the pick up configuration is very intriguing.

I am thinking of selling my Ibanez ATK200 and this looks like a contender as a replacement.

***edit : just realised this thread has more than one page :blush: ***

Edited by gs_triumph

Just a heads-up (originally posted by AT in the Ebay topic) that a Revelation Recording has come up on t'Bay for [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STUNNING-RETRO-REVELATION-TRANSLUCENT-MAHOGANY-RLB-LP-recording-bass-guitar-/252129695305"]£185 BIN[/url].

Jon.

Anyone tried the RJT-60-B Bass VI version already??
I'm considering buying the one that's for sale at The Bass gallery atm,
but as I'm still not sure about the scale lenght (site says it's 33") I'm wondering where the hell I will be able to find strings for that... :ph34r:

Edited by Bassdude BE

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1444949687' post='2887689']
@Tauzero - just out of curiosity, what does the Mrs think of the Revelation lap steel?
[/quote]

Well, she likes owning it but it's getting used as much as the ocarinas I bought her, and the didgeridoo I bought her, and the theremin I bought her, and the stylophone I bought her (there may be an emerging theme here). She does keep saying she'll do some practicing on it soon.

She does use the tambourine I bought her, so there's hope yet.

My own thoughts on it: lap steels aren't exactly complicated. They consist of a plank with tuners and a nut at one end and a bridge at the other, with one or more pickups and associated controls. No truss rod as the strings don't contact the fretboard, so it just needs accurate lines. This has a slotted headstock with upside-down classical type tuners. Tuners seem reasonable quality with no slop, nut and bridge are flat, the pickup works (I haven't yet determined how good the tone is on it). The one negative I'd raise is the odd way one or two of the strings run from the tuners to the nut - the D and G need to emerge from the tuner shaft as close as possible to the gear end of the shaft to avoid the string catching on the edge of the slot, so care needs to be taken with the way the windings are put on.

Edited by tauzero

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1498338084' post='3323978']
I've been avoiding Glasgow ever since CC Music got this in.
[attachment=247813:revelation_rpb_x_jazz-400x400.jpg]

2 Entwistle Neo P bass pickups and a P bass wide neck :) I just know my pocket would be £206 lighter :D
[/quote]

I have always liked the look of those. How is it?

Wish I had pulled the trigger on the lp bass when they were available.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Russ' timestamp='1438636918' post='2836072']
They've just announced this lovely beastie - the RBN. Reminds me of an Atelier Z, with the clear scratchplate. Very nice. :)

[/quote]

I've asked Entwistle to sell me a set of the pickups from this. They said yes :o

(Psst.. they're also neodymium!)