Why become a member? ×

Thomann

ambient

I don't know how they do it ?

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, but if you're looking to make a purchase, then it certainly makes sense to check out their website, before buying in the UK.

I've just ordered my new Genelec monitors from them, and saved £100 on UK shop prices.

Very pleased anyway !

:)

I got my Warwick Bootsy Space Bass from Thomann recently. It wasn't in stock when I ordered the bass and the shipment was then delayed at source a couple of times. Communication from Thomann was great, kept me updated proactively. You also get a €10 voucher if you then write a product review. Can't fault them for customer service or cost.

I've used them with mixed results, some good and some bad: and if anything arrives damaged their default position is to offer 20 euros off the price. Never been able to bargain with them on new prices which is something a bricks and mortar shop will often do. Remember the 10 euro review credits are to a max of 50 euros only too.

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='lefrash' timestamp='1416757498' post='2613210']
Always my first choice when looking to makea purchase.

Something to think abou though is that you obviously get euro plugs on everything. Not a problem for some things, but buying something with a dedicated power supply means you may have to purchase a UK one seperately.
[/quote]

They've always sent me an English power lead as well as the original euro lead when I've bought from them, which is why I have a drawer full of euro power leads

[quote name='chaypup' timestamp='1416761949' post='2613284']
They've always sent me an English power lead as well as the original euro lead when I've bought from them, which is why I have a drawer full of euro power leads
[/quote]

Cant say they've done that for me. Amps are fine, I've got loads of kettle leads, and I've bought a few bits that I've just swapped the plug. But for example, the tenner I saved buying my B3 from them, was put towards buying a uk 9v adapter, therefore it would have been cheaper for me buying from a UK supplier.

I've always had brilliant service, makes then my first port of call. I just got caught out by the power issue though. A pedal came with a psu and a clip on adaptor that wouldn't fit at all, even of it had it wouldn't have been strong enough for stage use. By the time I'd gone off looking for a suitable aftermarket one I could've bought from the uk.
So I returned it with no problems at all.

Don't forget the other benefits - probably 25% or more of your purchase price goes to supporting the ailing German economy. Cutting the retirement age to 63 years just isn't enough for those poor Germans. Please support German companies to allow the poor downtrodden German workers to have a further reduction in retirement age. Their roads are pretty poor too, and their cities and transport infrastructure are third world standard - they need all the help they can get.
Seriously - I hope none of you on this thread are complaining about financial cuts in the UK!!

[quote name='MilkyBarKid' timestamp='1416790461' post='2613684']
Don't forget the other benefits - probably 25% or more of your purchase price goes to supporting the ailing German economy. Cutting the retirement age to 63 years just isn't enough for those poor Germans. Please support German companies to allow the poor downtrodden German workers to have a further reduction in retirement age. Their roads are pretty poor too, and their cities and transport infrastructure are third world standard - they need all the help they can get.
Seriously - I hope none of you on this thread are complaining about financial cuts in the UK!!
[/quote]

I'm guessing that Thomann will be paying pretty much the same as most other retailers for their goods ?

It's not like there's only £10 or £20 price difference, it's £100.

:)

Edited by ambient

[/quote]

It works both ways: paying UK VAT directly supports a corrupt and dastardly British government. Pick your poison. At least Thomann have the great service, which is more than what can be said for many UK music shops. The Germans are doing something right, that's why people buy from them.

[/quote]

This concerns me.
As a Musician, it's part of the gig to moan and complain about everything.
Also, it's in the T&C's when you sign up to Basschat.

I like Thomann and have shopped there for a long time.
They have a good tracking and delivery thing going on and
customer service is up there.

[quote name='heminder' timestamp='1416797524' post='2613705']
It works both ways: paying UK VAT directly supports a corrupt and dastardly British government. Pick your poison. At least Thomann have the great service, which is more than what can be said for many UK music shops. The Germans are doing something right, that's why people buy from them.
[/quote]

I beg to differ on service, and quality for that matter.