Why become a member? ×

TKS now in Swindon

scoobystig

Well the deal was done yesterday

2x TKS S112 cabs ordered from bass gear yesterday after a very satisfying Saturday afternoon there with Phil and Vic

And to power these cabs will be a tone hammer 500

4 weeks and counting, can't wait for the phone call summoning me back down the M4

Woohoo.

Edited by scoobystig

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1417033556' post='2616507']
Nice one. Looks great. They pair up well with the Little Mark amp too, huh?
[/quote]

They really do! Spent about 10 hours with it today and it's stunning. I'll try and get some recordings up sometime soon :-)

Edited by skej21

I've been gigging a pair of S112s for a couple of months now, and I have to say I am extremely happy with them. They provide all the low end "thump" I need for my double bass requirements and for the occasions I used them with electric bass, have given me that great old school vibe that I've been looking for. I chose not to have tweeters and don't feel I'm missing out on anything at all sonically.
Interestingly most of the comments I have received have been from guitarists, all positive and aimed at how good they look as well as how good they sound! I went for the tweed finish and cloth grill
Can't seem to add photos from my phone - will try later!

Edit - [attachment=177311:10433074_10152477801783558_2106075016352654734_n.jpg]

[attachment=177316:20141108_211239.jpg]

Edited by andyonbass

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='scoobystig' timestamp='1416520653' post='2611206']
4 weeks and counting, can't wait for the phone call summoning me back down the M4

Woohoo.
[/quote]
You should get that call any time now :)

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1417035290' post='2616531']
They really do! Spent about 10 hours with it today and it's stunning. I'll try and get some recordings up sometime soon :-)
[/quote]
Glad to see you are satisfied as well!
[quote name='andyonbass' timestamp='1417093517' post='2617017']
I've been gigging a pair of S112s for a couple of months now, and I have to say I am extremely happy with them. They provide all the low end "thump" I need for my double bass requirements and for the occasions I used them with electric bass, have given me that great old school vibe that I've been looking for. I chose not to have tweeters and don't feel I'm missing out on anything at all sonically.
Interestingly most of the comments I have received have been from guitarists, all positive and aimed at how good they look as well as how good they sound! I went for the tweed finish and cloth grill
[/quote]
Nice to hear, thanks for the review and feedback.

There's been more interest from double bass players lately, for the S112 in particular. Just got an e-mail from a double bass player in Norway who also thought the S112 to be a very good match for both his acoustic and electric double basses.