Why become a member? ×

I'm sure I'm the last to see this...........

karlfer

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1416494321' post='2610841']
The last time i impressed a girl with my bass playing was 1996 and I think that was mostly down to her being on mushrooms at the time.
[/quote]

I met one of my girlfriends (a good while ago now!) after a gig - she said, 'If you can handle a woman like you handle that bass then I'm the one for you!' ...or words to that effect. At first I thought she'd be all I'd ever need. Then I got bored with her, abused her for a while, alternated between her and another, kept her locked in a case under the bed for a bit, then traded her in for another one.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1416495641' post='2610863']
I met one of my girlfriends (a good while ago now!) after a gig - she said, 'If you can handle a woman like you handle that bass then I'm the one for you!' ...or words to that effect. At first I thought she'd be all I'd ever need. Then I got bored with her, abused her for a while, alternated between her and another, kept her locked in a case under the bed for a bit, then traded her in for another one.
[/quote]

Well it's always tempting to go for something shiny, sleek and modern with a flawless finish - but to be honest there is something to be said for a good vintage model, a few chips in the finish, a little tarnishing here and there, but lots of character and worth a fair bit more to boot...

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='watton_earth' timestamp='1416554237' post='2611342']
The ladies don't usually go for the bottom end
[/quote]
[quote name='ead' timestamp='1416557872' post='2611369']
So it genuinely is all in the fingers then :blush:
[/quote]

Oh dear, are we really doing this? OK, then... ahem. Bass players do it standing up with a strap on. Twanging the G-string. Bass players do it deeper. Nothing like a good slapper. Fingering A minor. Find the groove and stay in the pocket. Nice wood. Let me see your Big Muff and/or Swollen Pickle, Cream Pie, etc. is that enough to be going on with? :unsure: