Why become a member? ×

Mayones Comodous 6 Fretless Custom Shop
£1000

andybassdoyle

So having really needed a fretless bass, and then having navigated some problems with the shipping (previous seller Janek was an absolute star), I'm having to concede that 6 strings is just too much for me on a fretless bass. I never saw that coming - extra strings for me are usually like roast potatoes on sunday lunch, you can't have enough. In this case it seems five roast potatoes is my maximum.

I'm happy to sell it and it's priced at what I paid for it (includes an MBT hardcase), ideally though I would prefer to trade for a fretted 6 string. 34 or 33 scale, 18mm spacing max. A bit of cash could move either way.

It's in Norwich if you want to try it out.

Details are:

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ash body, maple neck, ebony fingerboard, bartolini pickups, Gregory preamp, schaller tuners and bridge. Currently set with a low action - it was super low when I received so anyone wanting a fretless with a very light touch would be ok with this bass. Spacing is 17.5mm, I believe the bridge will adjust but I've not investigated this myself as the spacing was fine as is.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]O[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]verall I've found this to be a great fretless, I would keep it if I could feel at home with the extra string, no question.[/font][/color]

Janek - I hope you don't mind but I've used you pics - they are better than the ones I shot today plus there are some nice shots of girls in football gear in some which I think add to the appeal of the bass.

[attachment=176655:PICT0505_zpsf0f3ea73.jpg]
[attachment=176656:PICT0514_zps61fdec95.jpg]
[attachment=176657:PICT0517_zps50dacd51.jpg]
[attachment=176658:PICT0521_zpsd3e13de9.jpg]
[attachment=176659:PICT0531_zpsf5a78fb1.jpg]
[attachment=176660:PICT0535_zps00dedf7a.jpg]
[attachment=176661:PICT0537_zps7338547d.jpg]
[attachment=176662:PICT0542_zps61e16661.jpg]

Of course, any questions just let me know.

Cheers,

Abd

bump for a really really nice fretless. :) Anyone who buys it (and is willing to deal with additional strings ;) ) will be happy.
If anyone's interested here is the gallery with higher resolution pictures: [url="http://s57.photobucket.com/user/dumek/library/mayones%20comodous%206%20cs?sort=3&page=1"]link![/url]

Edited by Doman

Scale length is a smidge over 34" - call it 34 1/4.

I took a few other measurements for another enquiry:

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Width is 55mm at the nut and 88mm at the 24th fretline. Neck is 20mm deep at the 12th fretline. Spacing is 17.5mm at the bridge, 9mm at the nut.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hope that's of help.[/font][/color]

Edited by andybassdoyle

Yes, the controls are vol, pan, bass, mids, treble in that order. The vol is a push/pul to engage or disengage the EQ.

The switch is a mystery. When I first saw the bass I guessed coil tap as well but it doesn't appear to do anything and the previous owner was equally at a loss. I've not taken the back off the bass to investigate further as, tbh, it sounds just fine all set flat!

Perhaps it is a subtle Mwahhh booster :D

Just to be clear it's not fitted with an OBP3 - it has a Gregory preamp apparently. I've no previous experience of these but it sounds just fine to my ears - link is here http://gregorypreamps.com/ and it looks like they are a Polish firm which I guess makes sense with the Mayones....