Why become a member? ×

Upgraded Retrovibe RV5 for TRADE
£400

steviedee

This is for [b]TRADE[/b] not for sale! So the price just reflects the cost of the bass and the upgrades. I am after an 80s Yamaha 4 string and would consider anything from that era. Might be interested in a good 4 string faker.

Feel free to delete the ad if it breaks [b]any[/b] rules!

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hi I have an immaculate retrovibe RV5 5 string bass. Great bass monster tone lightweight and very cool.[/font][/size]

I am after an 80s Yamaha 4 string. I picked a 5 string BB5000 which necessitates moving on the retro. So what old Yammies do you have?

Electrics have been completely upgraded.

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Stock pups have been replaced by Cats Whisker custom humbuckers. This is from Alan who made the pick ups[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][i][color=#8F0B00]"A thought is to possibly make you a pair of pickups with what I’d consider to be a “standard” winding and add an extra section of coil with a couple of taps on it. This would give you the options of the basic pickup tone plus two levels of “warmer” tone – three in all. You could pick the two that you prefer and use a toggle switch to select between them.[/color][/i][/font][/size]

Tuners are Wilknson's and the scratchplate was made by the bass doc, it also has a custom TRC which is excellent and the knobs are from a well know brand of bass.

Other pics available on request.

Edited by steviedee