Why become a member? ×

P Bass Pickup Dimensions

BruceBass3901

Hi guys,

Bit of background here...

I am in my final year of University studying Product Design and Innovation and have to complete a final year project. For mine, I have decided to combine it with my bass building. I have been studying pickups from various manufacturers and comparing their dimensions as I need to produce components that integrate with various different pickups.

Most of this information has been reasonably easy to source, but I am now onto P bass pickups. I cannot find a crucial measurement (or enough of the other measurements to be able to calculate it), which is how much the two sections of a P pickup overlaps.

The only documentation I can find of this is on the Bartolini website which says 19mm or 3/4". As I do not own a bass (gasp!) which has a P bass pickup installed (build to rectify this starting soon!), I have no way of verifying this.

Could any of you be kind enough to measure the overlap of the sections of your P bass pickups and post here with the make and model?

Thank you kindly wonderful BC community!