Why become a member? ×

Talkbass

CamdenRob

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1416686446' post='2612682']
What's that supposed to mean? That as a "once a monther" I don't get to have a valid opinion about gigging? Surely playing gigs once a month is still "gigging", no? What a bizarre thing to say.
[/quote]

It just means you probably have other priorities. However, your opinions on your gigs and your gigging experience is just as valid as the guy that gigs 6 times a month.

Blue

[quote name='Coilte' timestamp='1416742825' post='2613031']
@ blue: I'd be still interested to know how you arrived at the statistics you came up with in post #66.
[/quote]

Give the guy a break! He's probably working on the not unreasonable assumption that 90% of people on forums are full of crap! :lol:

[quote name='Coilte' timestamp='1416650095' post='2612202']
How did you come to this conclusion ?
[/quote]

I met a long term TB guy once. he was playing at a bar down the street from where my band was playing in Fort Atkinson and he shared the statistic with me.

What do you think it is on Bass Chat, I have read several posts where guys say they haven't gigged in years.

Blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1416692217' post='2612763']
It just means you probably have other priorities. However, your opinions on your gigs and your gigging experience is just as valid as the guy that gigs 6 times a month.

Blue
[/quote]

fair assessment :)

I'm on both BC and TB... yet I don't gig period. I therefore don't really have opinions about gigging but I do have opinions and interest in many other things bass, music and effects related :). I really like TB, there's a heck of a lot of information on there, especially as I'm into more niche music and some of the boutique effect pedals that perhaps don't get the same amount of coverage or interest in BC. Agreed some of the threads get very heated. Amusing to read but I try and steer clear of posting in those!

[quote name='Bo0tsy' timestamp='1416832866' post='2613968']
I'm on both BC and TB... yet I don't gig period. I therefore don't really have opinions about gigging but I do have opinions and interest in many other things bass, music and effects related :). [/quote]

Probably the best way to keep it, if you don't gig and it sounds like you have no intentions on gigging or interest in it.

I have a few bass player buddies that record at home , love the whole home studio thing but they make it clear they hate the thought of performing in front of people. I don't get that, but were all different.

If you go see other bands I am sure you could share your observations.

Blue

Edited by blue