Why become a member? ×

Curt Smith - Tears for Fears

CyberBass

• 1 year later...
On 15/11/2014 at 09:26, interpol52 said:

A band I uses to be in supported them on their Everybody Loves a Happy Ending UK 2005 tour. He used to stand outside each venue smoking with us. Good bloke, he used a violin bass on that tour from what I can remember. I was not really a fan before then but I am now.

Hey, @interpol52, when Roland Orzabal and Curt Smith smoked outside the venues with you and some other people, I wonder if they used lighters to light their cigarettes instead of matches because they stink and they could easily set things on fire since matches are more dangerous than a lighter because they're just tiny little sticks that could easily burn you very fast, so I'm pretty sure Roland and Curt used Bic cigarette lighters to light their smokes in that time when they played their music in the concert and I'm pretty sure they used Bics throughout the whole 80's decade too, but no matches at all since they know they can be very stinky because of the icky smell of burning sulfur, and they could easily burn their big hair, their clothes, their houses, and even their cars. That could be right, so who knows, right?

13 minutes ago, angelasmallwood1 said:

Hey, @interpol52, when Roland Orzabal and Curt Smith smoked outside the venues with you and some other people, I wonder if they used lighters to light their cigarettes instead of matches because they stink and they could easily set things on fire since matches are more dangerous than a lighter because they're just tiny little sticks that could easily burn you very fast, so I'm pretty sure Roland and Curt used Bic cigarette lighters to light their smokes in that time when they played their music in the concert and I'm pretty sure they used Bics throughout the whole 80's decade too, but no matches at all since they know they can be very stinky because of the icky smell of burning sulfur, and they could easily burn their big hair, their clothes, their houses, and even their cars. That could be right, so who knows, right?

Anyways, I'm not a person who plays in a band, I only listen to music that's from the 80's, even though I was born in the 90's. I never heard of Tears for Fears when I first heard the songs "Shout" and "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" on the radio as a kid until I heard of the band's name when I was like a teenager or maybe when I was starting to be a young adult. Sorry, I don't remember when I heard of Tears for Fears except I only remember hearing the Shout song and the Everybody Wants to Rule the World song when I was very little in the 90's and the 2000's, but I learned more songs from Tears for Fears last year when I started listening to more of their 80's songs on my smartphone and my TCL Roku TV in like April or May 2019. I started liking more of their music besides the two songs I only heard when I was a little girl since I'm a fan of 80's music even though I only heard a bunch of 80's songs on the radio, MTV, VH1, and VH1 Classic when I was growing up in the whole 90's decade and the whole 2000's decade until I kept learning rare 80's songs that I never heard before, except I only heard them on YouTube when I first started watching music videos of different 80's artists that I started to like on the YouTube website on my old HP desktop that I used to have at my mom's house, except it crashed back when I was a student in a transition program (a school that helps students learn how to get a real job) in 2013.

• Sad 1

I am predominantly a metal fan, but growing up in 80' s  when the pop was booming Tears for Fears is one of the many other bands I don't mind.

The structural layout of the instruments and vocals in their songs is fenomenal.

You can clearly hear various dimensions of the mix. Just listen to woman in chains on headphones.  That fretless bass is mind-blowing.

Edited by SH73

On 07/05/2020 at 18:55, angelasmallwood1 said:

Bic ? They should change really