Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show - 7 & 8 March 2015

bassguitarshow

I'll be there Saturday morning. Looking forward to catching up with folk.

I don't think this aligns with any of the performances I'd like to see but never mind.......

The only gear I need is a cab so I'll be interested in what's new. Not sure about taking it home on the train though.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1425398420' post='2706937']
That sounded like it was through gritted teeth,...,surely you'd want everyone to come and "B Social"?!
[/quote]

Lol not through gritted teeth at all! We're looking forward to it - yup there will be a B-Social there(sadly it will be a pre production one but it won't be too different to what the final production model will be) plus the new ABM EVO 4, Retroglide head and a few other new shiny bits ;-)

Hi All,
This will be my first year, i would love to spend i shed load of money but the wife may have other ideas, i think she got two tickets to keep an eye on me. However i am really looking forward to seeing just bass everywhere will be great. Will be so much great gear brought to us by people that care for bass and not just unpack it and put it on the wall.

See you there

Rob

Edited by big rob

The wonderful Mrs S and I are going down to the show on saturday evening to attend on the Sunday. Since we have a seven seater with only two of us in it we are offering transportation to and from the Derby area.

We would be leaving Long Eaton at about half five on Saturday afternoon and could swing by either Derby or Nottingham en route. We would be staying for most, if not all of the show before travelling back.

No charge, but if anyone did wish to make a slight consideration towards the fuel that is entirely up to them.

Any interest message me.

I'm helping out on the MarkBass stand again all weekend, do come and say hi.... I'll have my JO5/J-retro with me, and while still work in progress, I might be persuaded to bring my project Jazz 5 fretless if anyone wants to see it....

[b]Saturday[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The Greek[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Timmo[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]BassAgent (w/ Fender '66 Jazz)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]BruceBass3901[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sibob[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]CamdenRob [?][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bluejay[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Alun[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Lozz196[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]iamtheelvy[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Milesbguitar[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Verb[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]such[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Drax [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Russ[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]MoJoKe[/font][/color]

[b]Sunday[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bobthedog[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]obbm[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]such[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]
MoJoKe

[quote name='Alun' timestamp='1424884951' post='2701578']
I'll be around both days, probably shuffling between the two stages so I don't miss anything as usual :-)

Saturday
The Greek
Timmo
BassAgent (w/ Fender '66 Jazz)
BruceBass3901
Sibob
CamdenRob [?]
Bluejay
Alun

Sunday
Bobthedog
obbm
Bluejay
Alun
[/quote]

I'll be up for the weekend.. See you there Alun. Getting the train from port talbot Saturday 6.18 am. Make sure I don't start buying basses again lol

[quote name='Chris Sharman' timestamp='1425462267' post='2707490']
The wonderful Mrs S and I are going down to the show on saturday evening to attend on the Sunday. Since we have a seven seater with only two of us in it we are offering transportation to and from the Derby area.

We would be leaving Long Eaton at about half five on Saturday afternoon and could swing by either Derby or Nottingham en route. We would be staying for most, if not all of the show before travelling back.

No charge, but if anyone did wish to make a slight consideration towards the fuel that is entirely up to them.

Any interest message me.
[/quote]

This would have been perfect for me as i live in Long Eaton too but decided to get a full weekend ticket so am heading down on the train at the crack of dawn on Saturday.

Might see you there on the Sunday.

Bass and clean underwear are packed, alarm set at 5 am, I'm off to London tomorrow! I've booked a day off in London to visit some of my fav spots ánd see Denmark Street for the first time :)
I think I have some time for a cup of coffee during the day. Hit me up with a PM if anyone's interested!

Hi all - nearly set for the off tomorrow - we will have a good selection of basses and some new toys :-) Lots of great deals this weekend on various items. Bring your earplugs - although we are all headphones again this year :-D
PS - If there is a specific bass you want to try please let me know as we are limited on space!

[quote name='Mr Fretbuzz' timestamp='1425500857' post='2708012']

I'll be up for the weekend.. See you there Alun. Getting the train from port talbot Saturday 6.18 am. Make sure I don't start buying basses again lol
[/quote]

Ha ha, you'll only sell it anyway ;-) See you there!

I went on the Sunday I think last year, and managed to park on a side street pretty much opposite the entrance for free, perhaps a 2 min walk.
Saturday, not so sure though, I imagine the restrictions/costs will be substantial.

Si

Olympia centre parking quoted me £30 for parking and thats only one day! I think I will give it a try. I have seen parking restrictions only from monday until friday in London, so hopefully will find some side street with space too.

I could take a train too as I am living really close, but I am planning to check some amps and combos and maybe get one if the price will be right, and don't want to deal with dragging the gear through the public transport.

So is there anyone else that parked in a side streets but on saturday and can confirm that there are no parking restrictions during the weekend?

[sup]I'll be there on Sunday, I have something to pick up! Feels great to have seen something at the 2014 show and then come back to the Rikkers guys to pick up my own in 2015.[/sup]
[sup]I'll be wearing my BC lanyard!![/sup]
[sup]Did we decide to meet somewhere? Would like to shake a few more hands this year. Bassists are such lovely folk.[/sup]

I'll be walking around with a BC lanyard around my neck, two cameras hanging from my shoulders and a tablet in my hand. I'll be visiting all the stands and trying to catch as many live shows and masterclasses as possible.
Everybody please do feel free to stop me and say hi, and pose for my cameras - I want to take pics of absolutely everything and everybody, and then inflict them all on you guys through my usual blog! :D

[b]Saturday[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The Greek[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Timmo[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]BassAgent (w/ Fender '66 Jazz)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]BruceBass3901[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sibob[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]CamdenRob [?][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Lozz196[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]such[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Drax [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]MoJoKe[/font][/color]
Merton plus two friends who aren't on here :)

[b]Sunday[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bobthedog[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]obbm[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]such[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]
MoJoKe

[quote name='lowregisterhead' timestamp='1425665197' post='2709591']
I realise I've left it a bit late, but there's no answer from the organiser's phone no - any idea what price under 14's admission is??
[/quote]

Try PMing Joel McIver and/or the LBGS account that's on this forum (best do both). They may get an alert email and reply.

Edited by bluejay