Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show - 7 & 8 March 2015

bassguitarshow

[quote name='skelf' timestamp='1422660970' post='2675492']
I should have quite a few to choose from with a couple of new models and a new range being launched at the show. My stand is also next to a couple of your fellow countrymen.
[/quote]

Will you have the new travel bass? I saw it on No Treble and it looks very interesting :-)

[quote name='Bassjon' timestamp='1422895355' post='2678011']
^ Good to know, I'm starting to despair at the lack of info on the official website.

If I buy a bass there do you think I can ask to have it shipped to me so I don't have to take it on the train with me? Anyone know if that's a possibility?
[/quote]
I guess if you ask really nicely and pay for shipping, I don't see why they would refuse. On the other hand, if you bring a case or gigbag along to London, why not take a bass back on the train?

[quote name='Bassjon' timestamp='1422895355' post='2678011']
^ Good to know, I'm starting to despair at the lack of info on the official website.

If I buy a bass there do you think I can ask to have it shipped to me so I don't have to take it on the train with me? Anyone know if that's a possibility?
[/quote]

Some people will happily do this. We've shipped things and also taken deposits on things for payment at a later date.

My guess is that it'll effect the sales price if you're after a mega-bargain.

A few retailers / manufacturers will knock a bit extra off towards the end of the show because they don't want to drag things home with them.

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1422911229' post='2678360']
Some people will happily do this. We've shipped things and also taken deposits on things for payment at a later date.

A few retailers / manufacturers will knock a bit extra off towards the end of the show because they don't want to drag things home with them.
[/quote]

Thank you. I'll make sure I stay to the end, just in case!

I am starting to wonder if I was a bit premature booking hotels and trains and early bird tickets :-/ Doug Wimbish was great last time, but at the same time has been there before and it would be great to see some more new names. It'll be fun whatever but is missing the usual buzz and build up. Still time I guess.

So last year, the reason for there being so few exhibitors was another show being held on the same weekend. Fair enough. This year, there's no clash, but even fewer exhibitors and of those, hardly any big names... Errmmm, sorry...what? I don't understand.

Coupled with a large number of return performers, I'm worried that if I went, it would feel like I'd gone back to LBGS 2014/13/12, only emptier... I might be a no-show at this show.

[quote name='JonnyM' timestamp='1423078821' post='2680500']
So last year, the reason for there being so few exhibitors was another show being held on the same weekend. Fair enough. This year, there's no clash, but even fewer exhibitors and of those, hardly any big names... Errmmm, sorry...what? I don't understand.

Coupled with a large number of return performers, I'm worried that if I went, it would feel like I'd gone back to LBGS 2014/13/12, only emptier... I might be a no-show at this show.
[/quote]

If I hadn't already spent several hundred non refundable pounds on the weekend, I'd be debating it too. I've been every year and really look forward to it but it seems a bit sparse this year. Still hoping for a last minute rush :-) Surprised Warwick haven't been announced yet as Divinity and Stu Hamm are both Warwick users, and they tend to be heavily involved.

Our stand is full now :)

In instruments there will be Roger Sadowsky with some new Metros and NYC basses (depending on what we sell between now and then!) and Douglas Mullen from Eve with a special custom build plus maybe some more.

For amps we'll be featuring Phil Jones Bass with a range of new gear - big advantage here is that all of the PJB amps have headphone sockets for quiet practice :)

We've also now got Hermann Gerlach from Harvest Leather over from Germany. He makes some of the very best leather gig bags and straps in the world and they are used by lots of top pro players. He's also another bass player and has some good friends on the pro circuit so watch out for some these visiting us over the weekend!

Edited by molan

Ethan Farmer added on the Sunday :-)

"Working with some of the biggest stars in the business, like Lionel Richie, Janet Jackson, Christina Aguilera, Backstreet Boys and many more, Ethan will offer LBGS visitors an insight into how to become one of the coolest bass players in the industry and the chance to see his incredible talent and bass-style in person."

[quote name='Alun' timestamp='1423175093' post='2681968']
Ethan Farmer added on the Sunday :-)

"Working with some of the biggest stars in the business, like Lionel Richie, Janet Jackson, Christina Aguilera, Backstreet Boys and many more, Ethan will offer LBGS visitors an insight into how to become one of the coolest bass players in the industry and the chance to see his incredible talent and bass-style in person."
[/quote]
Wow!! Can't wait to get me a tickit!

Steve Lawson added to the lineup on Saturday:
"[font=helvetica, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Steve Lawson is the UK’s best known solo bass player and a man for who the term ‘experimental FX guru’ could well have been invented. A prolific recording artist, educator and columnist for Bass Guitar Magazine, Steve received great acclaim for his live show at last year’s LBGS with Lamb bassist Jon Thorne and we’re delighted to welcome him back. Catch his masterclass at 10:30am on Saturday 7 March 2015."[/size][/font]

Edited by BassAgent