Why become a member? ×

CN112 v SL112 v S112

JTUK

Thanks JTUK and Policesquad. Really interesting. TKS cabs look like they have got a great thing going here; 1126 for the 'full range' crowd and the S112 for the 'traditional bass cab sound' crowd.

The Baer ML112 had my attention due to the 6" mid and bigger box giving big lows, but the weight (at 37 lbs) is just a little higher than I want.

The fearless F112 which I have also been vaguely contemplating is I think similar to the 1126, but has to be custom ordered and costs more.

My CN112 x2 combo is keeping me happy, but it's great to know there's a European builder doing a nice full range box which doesn't cost the earth. And a decent 1x12" with a 'traditional' sound. Going to have to check out these cabs sometime.

Edited by funkle

Well having read this review
I went up to bass gear on Saturday and can quite easily say that I fully agree with the reviews above

I also chucked in a fusion 500 as well to test

But after 3hrs the TKS S112's with the TH500 were the winners, IMO they sounded superb

The wife has since said that she will divorce me if I get the snakeskin, !!!!

• 10 months later...

I went from Berg AE112's to TKS S112's.

We reviewed the CN112 in the 'test' and my feeling prior to that test was that
the 'upgrade' from AE to CN wasn't worth it, since I already had AE's..

I did like the CN's tho but was VERY interested in a ceramic option...and I bought them.

• 2 weeks later...