Why become a member? ×

6 stringers

thebassist

I'd go on the second hand way if I were you. 3K is a lot of money and you can find many basses far below that limit that are really good and can do many things.
And once you get your preferencs together, you can spend high money to get the ONE.
I have found that ergonomics are playing a much bigger role for me with a six string bass than with the fivers. String spacing, neck dimensions, scale lenght, weight etc. are more crucial for me with the six string basses.
So can be good to go through a couple of basses to get a feel of what your preferences are.

From my personal experience:
Ibanez SR Prestige line: Japaneese craftmanship, great basses. I own a SR3006 and SR5006. Tight spacing, very comfortable basses and they have a very useful sound throughout the fretboard. If I were to bring only one six string bass to the deserted island till my dying days, this would be that.
Yamaha TRB 6 strings. The II series bolt on necks are selling stupidly cheap and are freat (TRB II6) 19mm spacing, 35" scale but the nect is thin around the nut end and very comfortable. The high end TRB 6IIP is one of the most verstaile basses I have ever heard, its got piezzo as well. This is quite rare used and holds its price.
Spector EURO6: great Spector sound, 35" scale. I own one currently and exploring the possibilities of it. I love the sound of it (my EURO5 is my main instrument )

A friend bought my MP Guitars Level 6 some year/years ago and have it up for sale. I told him about your thread...
The bass - a nice bass - is for sale at a very good price. It is the bottom one in MY sales pic. (All basses sold...)

Fender 3/4" spacing @ bridge, around P-bass spacing @ nut. Nice, rather flat C neck, 35" scale. Barts and all Hipshot. Incredibly light and extremely well balanced.
If you are interested, please, send me a message and I'll get you in touch...

Edited by bassmayhem