Show us yer headstocks!

uke

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

"Naughty, naughty. Very naughty!" 🙂

Nah! Its only naughty if I sell it.

It told me that it identifies as a Fender due to the Fender pickup cover and Fender HiMass bridge which together cost me more than the bass.

IMG_6873.jpg

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

IMG_6809.thumb.jpg.12e1e6e44d0a39730c85070b34e232ef.jpgIMG_6872.thumb.jpg.d885afe532906c09bc8dabbc0d78f425.jpg

Before and after pics of the headstock on my PB50

Personally prefer the left, its a better shape and it is not pretending to be something it isn't. I never liked tele headstocks, even on tele basses!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 27/05/2022 at 00:42, Woodinblack said:

Personally prefer the left, its a better shape and it is not pretending to be something it isn't. I never liked tele headstocks, even on tele basses!

In fact as far as I am concerned the Harley Benton headstock even looks better than any original Fender headstock.

Also removing the original logo, which from a purely graphical aesthetics point of view by the way looks better too, to replace it for a Fender one to me is just cringe worthy. 

What is it that makes advertising for Fender for free, even false advertising too, so desirable?

I just don't get it...

Why I personally usually remove the brand logo from my gear is because I feel stupid paying to get the questionable privilege of being humbly allowed to do free advertising for a company.

If it was an unique artfully crafted custom instrument by an independent luthier, then sure, the only right thing to do would be showing the decency to honor it's maker (ironically though those are actually less likely to leave obvious urinal marks on their instruments than big corporate companies), but a mass produced tool, just what the flip... 

Obviously I don't actually know their reason for doing it, and not saying they ought to ashamed of them self for changing the headstock and logo, to each their own, but the above is honestly how I feel about it and how my immediate reaction to such is going to be.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash