Why become a member? ×

NCD - TKS S112s

M@23

Just been on the phone to Bassgear and ordered myself an S112. Whilst I can't comment on the cab itself just yet, the dealings I've had with Bassgear and Tommy at TKS (who even replied to my messages promptly whilst he is supposed to be out of office!) have been truly first class. More info and a review when it arrives :-)

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1414578481' post='2590813']
Just been on the phone to Bassgear and ordered myself an S112. Whilst I can't comment on the cab itself just yet, the dealings I've had with Bassgear and Tommy at TKS (who even replied to my messages promptly whilst he is supposed to be out of office!) have been truly first class. More info and a review when it arrives :-)
[/quote]

:D

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1414585165' post='2590931']

:D
[/quote]

I'm looking forward to it landing!

Tommy informs me it'll be the first TKS in the UK that's landed through Bassgear too :-)

Having nearly gone for the flashy option and chosen the black '7W' vinyl that is on the TKS site, her indoors convinced me to go for something more classic. Can't wait to see it in the flesh as I've only ever seen these cabs a couple of times in the flesh and not in the combo I went for. The countdown begins!!

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1414606232' post='2591279']
I'm looking forward to it landing!

Tommy informs me it'll be the first TKS in the UK that's landed through Bassgear too :-)

Having nearly gone for the flashy option and chosen the black '7W' vinyl that is on the TKS site, her indoors convinced me to go for something more classic. Can't wait to see it in the flesh as I've only ever seen these cabs a couple of times in the flesh and not in the combo I went for. The countdown begins!!
[/quote]

What's the 7W vinyl...?

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1414500084' post='2589829']
Sounds good, thinking about an Aguilar Tonehammer 500 with one of these - any opinions?
[/quote]

I'm currently using a TH500 with two TKS 112's. They sound amazing, real old school weighty tone with bugger all old school weight. I have a tweeter so I can get a zingy slap sound, but tend to go for a more punchy/fat tone these days, which this combo dishes out in spades. It proves that you don't have to put up with a mediocre tone in order to have light weight gear. Job done.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1414615434' post='2591484']

Scrap that - found it. Cool!
[/quote]

Yeah! I showed her indoors and she really liked the brown 7W pattern on the cab pictures on the TKS custom gallery but when I suggested it in black, she said its look daft unless I was in a country band :-) she then talked me into going for something a bit more classic. Excited!!

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1414578481' post='2590813']
Just been on the phone to Bassgear and ordered myself an S112.
[/quote]

Work on your cabinet has already started! It will probably be sent together with a few other cabinets to Bass Gear, so when the orders for those come in will affect waiting time. You'll probably see a picture of your cabinet on the Facebook page in about two weeks or so.

[quote name='tks.se' timestamp='1414773837' post='2593203']

Work on your cabinet has already started! It will probably be sent together with a few other cabinets to Bass Gear, so when the orders for those come in will affect waiting time. You'll probably see a picture of your cabinet on the Facebook page in about two weeks or so.
[/quote]

Thanks Tommy. I have other cabs I'll be using until my S112 arrives so no huge rush :)

• 2 weeks later...