Why become a member? ×

It really is a Terror!

Lewbass

So in August my Terror Bass head decided it wanted to BLOW UP EVERY CAB IT TOUCHED. I sent it back to Orange and they repaired it, saying it was a problem with the PCB (how vague?).
So Ive done a few shows and practiced with it since having it back, everything has been fine...until this past weekend.

So my band are in the studio, drums have been tracked and now its time to start the bass. My friend and studio engineer was lending me his dads friends bass cab for the day (as I still havent got around to repairing mine). Well we set up and plug in and...nothing. Nothing apart from the smell of burning plastic. The cab slayer strikes again! This resulted in no bass getting done this day and yet another cab to be repaired.

So basically I have lost faith in the product and do not trust my head anymore even if Orange say they have repaired it. I was also left feeling very embaressed and slightly angry.

Rant over.

The subject of liability in the event of an amp failure came up a couple of years ago. http://basschat.co.uk/topic/193392-liability-for-damage

You've got good reason to make a claim for the cabs, and hopefully Orange will be as obliging as Ashdown/Andertons.

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1413915945' post='2583606']
Wow, that sucks. How many cabs has the Cab Slayer claimed? If Orange accepted liability with the 'faulty PCB' I would look into claiming for the cab repairs, for sure.
[/quote]

The number is up to 4 now!

I have always though orange amps were one of the coolest looking bass amps on the market.

Even know they are probably not the same bass amp I fell in love with back in the early 70s, I will eventually put together a second rig.

I plan on running 2 Orange amps together, one guitar amp and one bass amp.I plan on using the AD-200 Bass MK-3 run through their 8ohm 4 x12 cab on the left and probably a Rockerverb 50 for high end and an AD-50 for the 2nd 4x12 on the right.

Blue

Edited by blue