Why become a member? ×

Aerodyne strings

sirmuppet

Hi all.

Not sure if anyone can help. I bought an Aerodyne bass last week. It's one of the new blue factory special runs made in Japan. My question is, what strings are on it as standard from the factory. I don't think they're Fender strings as they all have brass ball ends. The shop didn't change the strings, so it is 100% as it came. I just think these strings are great and they sound brilliant. Would love to buy some more. Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks.

They just felt like fairly standard NPS rounds to me as I was taking them off my new aerodyne to put prosteels on it. I did, however, notice they were quite thin - can't remember the exact gauges but I got my vernier round them and they were about 40,60,75,95ish. Could it be that you just like thinner strings than you thought?!

I'm pretty sure I've not thrown the ones I took off mine in the bin yet. If they're still sat in the 'steels packet on my bench and you want them, you're welcome to them - just PM me an address and I'll bung them in an envelope.

Hi Ed_S

Thank you so much for the offer of the strings. That is really kind of you. There is not need though, but thank you any way :)

I think you may be right int hem being thinner. I have a set of digital calipers I'll take home to find out.

I too am starting to use Pro-Steels. I love the ping you get from them and it seems to last well into the break in period.

Hope you enjoy your Aerodyne, am loving mine

Thanks again.

[quote name='sirmuppet' timestamp='1413885586' post='2583045']
Would contact Fender but doubt Fender UK or USA would know as it's Fender Japan.
[/quote]

Contact Fender Japan?

Edit: I used to own a Fender Japan telecaster. Fender UK were able to help me with a query I had about it without any issue. The FSR ones are imported into the country officially so Fender UK must know something about them.

Edited by uncle psychosis

[quote name='sirmuppet' timestamp='1413885586' post='2583045']
I just checked. They seem to be .100, .85, .70, .45
[/quote]

Interesting.. I've just put the vernier caliper back round the set I took off mine and they're actually measuring 92, 72, 56, 38 which is obviously why they felt noticeably thin to me, even though my standard set is 100, 80, 60, 40. Seems that there isn't any particular set that gets fitted at the factory.