Why become a member? ×

Still no bloody hats

Stealth

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1413546044' post='2579355']
I'm northern & often wear a bowler hat at festivals.

thinking of getting a top hat next
[/quote]

Both of those are fine... No bowlers or top hats around brick lane on a friday night, everyone wears a flat cap to indicate their individuality and nonconformity...

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='jmchich' timestamp='1413541822' post='2579270']
The issue is it's difficult to find a piece of clothing that hasn't been "hipsterised" now. I get people assuming my beard is a fashion statement as opposed to a hatred of shaving...
[/quote]

+1

It's impossible to dress or groom your way out of everyone's idea of fashionable.

I can get our embroiderer to do hats, but it would take a minimum order to get the ball rolling. I'll speak to him and confirm prices etc - in the meantime, how about a show of hands of those who would like one?

Cheers
ped

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1413722333' post='2581188']...how about a show of hands of those who would like one?...[/quote]

Set up a vote (easier to count..? ;) )..?

Meanwhile...
[attachment=174162:Show_Hand.jpg]
One for me, please; any colour, any size, as long as it's warm (winter draws on... :) ).

Edited by Dad3353

Being concerned about [i]not[/i] looking like a 'hipster' or being trendy is just as bad as following a trend - you're letting what you think other people will think about you dictate what you wear.

Wear what you like...it's just a hat, unless [i]you[/i] invest it with more meaning...

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1413725879' post='2581230']
Being concerned about [i]not[/i] looking like a 'hipster' or being trendy is just as bad as following a trend - you're letting what you think other people will think about you dictate what you wear.

Wear what you like...it's just a hat, unless [i]you[/i] invest it with more meaning...
[/quote]

Actually, the problem is the meaning my wife invests it with,

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1413725879' post='2581230']

[/quote]

Well I wear what I feel both behooves me and isn't too much hassle - what people think? at an interview or something like that, sure I'll try to impress - otherwise I couldn't care less...

It is just a hat. A wonderful item for sun, rain, or snow. Especially freezing rain and hail now that I think of it. But not always the same type!
Something with a nice broad brim is perfect:

etc.

[quote name='PlungerModerno' timestamp='1413766748' post='2581691']

etc.
[/quote]

I have hats very similar to these (In fact I think I own one exactly the same as the second one)... good in the sun, good in the rain, no danger of being regarded as fashionable by anyone...

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote]I have hats very similar to these (In fact I think I own one exactly the same as the second one)... good in the sun, good in the rain, no danger of being regarded as fashionable by anyone... [/quote]

Me too! Mine is an Australian bushmans hat and it does for all weathers:

http://www.bushgear.co.uk/index.php/default/hats-and-headwear.html

I don't wear it for gigging though, maybe I should and then stick some corks round it and include "Horse With No Name" in the set. Perfect.