Why become a member? ×

Cabinets soon available at Bass Gear in Twyford

tks.se

These five cabinets have been made for Bass Gear:

Two 1126 cabinets (one with tweeter). Beige/brown grille cloth.
Two S112 cabinets (vertical, one with tweeter). Black/white "snakeskin" vinyl.
One S212 cabinet with tweeter. Standard black vinyl and metal grille.

Hoping they will arrive during next week.

Bass Gear will try to hold these as a demo stock, so you should be able to go there and try them out as soon as they arrive.
[url="http://www.bassgear.co.uk/"]http://www.bassgear.co.uk/[/url]

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' timestamp='1413554717' post='2579506']
Wow, here I've been complaining about the lack of decent bass shops in my area, and it turns out that there's one within a 15 minute drive of my house. Hmmm, looks like I might be transferring some money out of my savings soon.

S.P.
[/quote]

The TKS cabs should arrive next week - if it's these you want to try then give the shop a call in advance to be sure they've arrived OK :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1414101539' post='2586008']
TWO S212s?

Madness :-)
[/quote]

I like tall stacks :lol:

I've noticed the power handling on these though... I wonder what sort of volume they'd kick out if I threw everything my hartke had at one... Hmmm....

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1414139277' post='2586227']

I like tall stacks :lol:

I've noticed the power handling on these though... I wonder what sort of volume they'd kick out if I threw everything my hartke had at one... Hmmm....
[/quote]

We had a top pro player in today checking out the TKS cabs at some serious volume - literally making the roof shake so little bits of dust were being dislodged from the ceiling tiles.

The 'official' vote was that they were definitely able to handle serious gig levels :)

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1414071718' post='2585505']
Oh FFS... the last thing I need is cab GAS.. good thing they aren't green like these or I'd be in trouble.

[/quote]
A pair of cabs in British Racing Green with creme colour front frame would definitely be the thing...
My favourite variation on the theme is black cabinet, creme front frame and 50*s Fender grille cloth. I've ordered a pair of the new compact 115's in that colour, just like my 2126 cabs...

Edited by bassmayhem

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1414450935' post='2589516']
Really liking the look of the S212. Anyone voice an opinion on how "neutral" sounding these cabs are?
[/quote]What is neutral? They sound very, very good with four string basses. They sound very good but not that deep with five string basses. It is a matter of needs and taste, really. If you are a "sub bass player" better look at the deeper models. For four string playing they are all you need at a good price and low weight. This is no "bang for the buck" thing - it is a real bang...

[quote name='bassmayhem' timestamp='1414263552' post='2587749']
My favourite variation on the theme is black cabinet, creme front frame and 50*s Fender grille cloth. I've ordered a pair of the new compact 115's in that colour, just like my 2126 cabs...
[/quote]

You mean something like this?

If you have the time, come by Monday evening and they'll be waiting for you.