Why become a member? ×

Some weird sitar fusion slash ska dub an sh*t

xilddx

Sheema Mukherjee at the Bournemouth International Centre last month. I'm playing guitar in this band. First gig with the ol 1961 Gibson Melody Maker, I love it, wonderful beat up old thing I got at Wunjos six months ago. It's currently with Martin Petersen at the Bass Gallery having a Kent Armstrong Soapbar neck pickup routed and installed and some of his cool switching rewiring. Can't wait!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqeTH90bO1s

I don't consider myself particularly adventurous when it comes to musical fusions but something about this really grabbed me. More snippets here: http://eccrecords.co.uk/ecc100/. I'm waiting for my copy of the album to arrive :)

Xilddx has certainly got the knack of getting involved in fun, interesting projects. Excellent stuff!

Hey cheers guys! Yeah it really is fun! BotB, yeah Hillage and Alex Lifeson are big influences for me.

Hopefully we'll be touring next year, so I'll post any details as I get them.

Sheema's got a ton of influences, she is kind of half deadly serious North Indian classical and half nutcase :) And she's an amazing musician and composer. So she wrote an album that reflected the whole rather than one of the two halves, if you know what I mean. She's a damn good bassist as well and plays bass and sitar in Transglobal Underground.

That's pretty much what I said to her when she first got a bass all those years ago, bass is a good fit for a sitarist.

We think playing bass is hard on our hands and fingers, try sitar, she's been playing for about 35 years and her fingers still look like this quite often :o

Edited by xilddx

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1413547882' post='2579395']
Duuuuude this is awesome.
loving this track. it's now in my faves.

let me know when your touring.....I'll be there like a shot
[/quote]

Cheers Gav! That's so lovely to hear. I don't know of you are aware there are 5 tracks on it ?

Will definitely post details of the tour when I know them.

Thanks again!

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1413561905' post='2579648']
excellent stuff Nige, just watched this. As an aside, how did Barrie/Molan get the sax gig by the way :lol:

PS, can really hear the Hillage in this, esp around 7:30
[/quote]

Ahahaha! Yes! Tim does look like Barrie :lol:

I'll have to have a listen at 07:30 mate. Must be subconscious for me by now :)

Thanks for listening mate!