Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB5000A opinions

Ghost_Bass

Hi, i'm looking for some info on this model. I've seen one locally for sale but i know nothing about it and i would like to know if anybody has an idea of the current value of this bass. It's in very good condition, no damage in sight.

I would also like to ask how this bass compares to a TRB5P soundwise seen that both are NT modeles with the same pickup configuration (it seem that they might share the same electronics).

Any help will be very appreciated, cheers :)

No experience of the TRB, but I had a 3000A for twenty years, and the build quality and playability was as good as anything I've encountered. Good solid PJ tones from them, and a decent 2-band EQ. I'm kinda sorry I sold it now. IIRC, it went for about six hundred pounds, I'd expect the 5000A to go for a little more...

Edited by Muzz

• 2 months later...

Hey there, it's all a bit confusing with these basses. I'm trading one elsewhere on Basschat which I bought from new back in 1990 or 91 (I forget which).
One of the problems is that, as far as I can tell having read around a bit, in the Japanese and Taiwanese models (which are ostensibly the same quality, according to what I've read), the "A" stands for active, whereas the American built BB5000A's are passive instruments. Prices vary widely depending where you look. The American ones seem to be more popular and higher priced.