Why become a member? ×

God Only Knows......ain't that the truth?

BetaFunk

[quote name='SlapbassSteve' timestamp='1413499717' post='2579057']
As for the rest of it, I'm amazed it's not a leak of this year's DebenhaM&S xmas advert. It's just overproduced to a point of utter blandness.
[/quote]

Could that not be the very point of the whole exercise? To tempt the good cause brigade who rarely buy records to spend a few quid on a good cause and get a bit of easy listening into the bargain?

It seems to be working as it entered the top 20 after only 4 days after its release, so the whole project must have some traction and popular support. Last bit of news I saw, it had already raised £2m for Children In Need When so what's the problem?

Anyway, when was the last time you had a song in the charts?

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1413578457' post='2579899']
Last bit of news I saw, it had already raised £2m for Children In Need When so what's the problem?[/quote]

You've got several pages of explanation about how awful it is.

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1413578457' post='2579899']Anyway, when was the last time you had a song in the charts?
[/quote]

The last time the BBC promoted my record constantly on TV and radio.

Incidentally I don't think anybody objects to the song. The song appears to be universally loved. Maybe you have genuinely missed the point.

A charity song is in the charts 4 days after release, is raising a shed load of money for said charity and is still selling extremely well.

What is it that you think I'm missing? Perhaps it is all the naysayers who are missing the point. It's a novelty song FFS ( well, a novelty version at least), just like Two Little Boys and Grandad!

Congrats on having your song promoted by the Beeb though . . . Did it make the charts?