Why become a member? ×

Attitude and ability.

xilddx

Thanks for posting this - you've made my day! Lovely improv from Tom, and really interesting to see him doing the same kind of wordless singing that appears on a lot of TTT's stuff.

Ah, TTT - not only my favourite band with no bass player, but one of my favourite bands, period. Been in love with them since I first clapped ears on them round about EP2. Have seen them 3 times since, and they are never less than astonishing. (Last time was at Hare and Hounds in Kings Heath, Brum, where they were fearsomely loud, and I had forgotten to bring my earplugs!)

'Attitude and ability' very nicely sums up all three band members, I think - in fact it's hard to think of another band where the playing styles and talents of its members fit together so well. I remember reading an interview with Matt Calvert somewhere, where he was describing Betts' amazing drumming - he said something to the effect that "he's technical, but he rocks at the same time". I think that sums up Matt and Tom as well. Yes, they are not afraid to put virtuoso playing into their material, but it is never there just for show - the velocity is an integral part of the visceral thrill that they generate.

New album coming soon - can't wait!