Why become a member? ×

Hello from tks Engineering!

tks.se

[quote name='mSz' timestamp='1421072833' post='2656798']
Very interested in one of the S212 models but can't decide if additional 6" speaker in S2126 is worth £140. Anyone tried both? I need it for "heavy rock" music. I use distortions/fuzzes a lot.
[/quote]

I have a pair of W2126 which replaced a 212. Both really nice speakers but personally I consider the 6" indispensable. They bring out the character in the bass in a way which is just lovely. I like a mid-heavy sound and if you play with a plectrum, the attack this get from the 6" is not something I have heard often from other speakers. I think it had been said before on these forums by someone else, the 6" is the TKS secret weapon. It gives a fantastic punch to the sound. It also drills through the mix in a great way.

Edited by bjelkeman

[quote name='mSz' timestamp='1421072833' post='2656798']
Very interested in one of the S212 models but can't decide if additional 6" speaker in S2126 is worth £140. Anyone tried both? I need it for "heavy rock" music. I use distortions/fuzzes a lot.
[/quote]

I've heard the s112x2 deal with hard attack with a pick ( thru a TH500 and PF500 ) and the best thing
about that was it is debateable whether you'd need a tweeter on either. Personally, I'd add one at least
in one of the cabs. The grind and 'breakup' from the 12 whilst dealing with the mid range was quite
unique, IME.. the mids of the s112 are also a secret weapon as you don't have to tune the cab
to a hinky mid bias to achieve it.
Give Bassgear a ring and see what they have in stock and then do yourself a favour and get down there to hear them,

• 2 weeks later...

After having a solid 3 hour practice last night, i am extremely happy with the cabs.
Neither of mine have the tweeter, and i'm fine with that. For the sound i want, i dont feel they need them.
They sit in the mix so well, and i feel they react to the dynamics in my playing better than anything ive previously used.
They sounded warm, articulate and punchy. But when i put a bit more gain into the signal, they handled that grind with ease.
My one negative would be that it didnt cut through the mix playing slap.
Now i only play slap in 3 songs in the set (Treasure, bits of Virtual Insanity and bits of Uptown Funk), and im well aware that with a bit of EQ'ing they could of done the job easily, but it will need tweaking to hear it out front. Out of the mix, slap sounds great through the S112s, so i will have to find out what works in the mix. I'm sure that will come with a few more hours of playing.
Overall I'm a very very very happy boy :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1422217749' post='2670031']
You can't see it, but here's my S112 in action last night...

It sounds awesome. So round, warm and growly. Lots of clarity even without a tweeter. Love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-ZiHE3Ldfg
[/quote]

I'm with you on this! One S112 without a tweeter and a jazz bass is just perfect for function playing. Enough clarity to hear all the character of the instruments tone but without the harshness at the top and the warmth and growl really cut through. Best cab I've ever had, hands down :-)

Edited by skej21

It sounds awesome. So round, warm and growly. Lots of clarity even without a tweeter. Love it
[/quote] I heard your slughtly bigger TKS cab you had lent warwickhunt the other week. It was nice which model was that?

It sounds awesome. So round, warm and growly. Lots of clarity even without a tweeter. Love it
[/quote] I heard your slughtly bigger TKS cab you had lent warwickhunt the other week. It was nice which model was that?

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1422949351' post='2678628']
I heard your slughtly bigger TKS cab you had lent warwickhunt the other week. It was nice which model was that?
[/quote]

Hello! It was the S212. To all intents and purposes two S112's in a single cab.

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1422949801' post='2678636']
I gave my new S112 a good workout this weekend and I am very impressed. I'm struck by the decent amount of low end, good projection, and how well it takes EQ too.

And the I paired it with the 1156! ;)

Very happy :)
[/quote]

Great, isn't it? :-)