Why become a member? ×

Hello from tks Engineering!

tks.se

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1416658451' post='2612361']
I don't need to sell anything but having read Molan's gig review I'm very tempted to put an order in. Just get Christmas out of the way and then maybe, just maybe I'll treat myself
[/quote]

I was going to say not to take my word for it but then realised you've heard them at decent volume anyway :)

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1416446301' post='2610390']
Thanks for making me want both now :lol:

How do you find the bottom end between the H115 (is that the newer smaller cabs or the older bigger ones?) and the 1126?
I don't want a cab that's all mids and not enough bottom and requires a lot of EQ to sound "balanced".
[/quote]
A hard nut to crack, since I haven't got an old H115 or a 1126, just new (small) H115 and 2126. I'd say there is enough bottom in any of them but you get nicer mids with the 1126 or 2126. But that's my personal opinion. I could use any of them single woofer cabs as stand alone and still have sufficient power for an ordinary gig, with a twin woofer cab or two singles, well, Geronimo!!! And - I nearly never use eq. Maybe to cut some lows when necessary, which was NEVER the case with my old Eden D112XLT cabs...

Edited by bassmayhem

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Wolverinebass' timestamp='1417470644' post='2620796']
These do look very nice indeed. Is there any chance of either a 4x12 or an 8 ohm 2x12? Especially like the idea of the mid driver and tweeter. Possibly similar to the EAD 2x12 I played at last years South East bash which was really, really good.
[/quote]

Glad to hear you like them, but sorry, no plans on either.

Is the EAD equipped with a 6"? Trying to recall seeing a picture of something like that. That kind of design (if executed in a good way) has a lot of benefits, and can be found in the S2126 and 2126, which might see quite similar if you only look at the speaker sizes, but do things a bit differently. The S2126 being louder and the 2126 extending further down in the low frequencies as well as having more top end and slightly better mid range dispersion, also being able to handle more power.

Edited by tks.se

[quote name='FuNkShUi' timestamp='1418937197' post='2635089']
I went for the brown 7w pattern vinyl, with the beige/brown cloth.
I like to keep things understated ;)
[/quote]

Ah, I so nearly went for that!! I do love my S112. Not even tempted to get another as the one is more than enough for what I need!

[quote name='tks.se' timestamp='1418919739' post='2634878']
Glad to hear you like them, but sorry, no plans on either.

Is the EAD equipped with a 6"? Trying to recall seeing a picture of something like that. That kind of design (if executed in a good way) has a lot of benefits, and can be found in the S2126 and 2126, which might see quite similar if you only look at the speaker sizes, but do things a bit differently. The S2126 being louder and the 2126 extending further down in the low frequencies as well as having more top end and slightly better mid range dispersion, also being able to handle more power.
[/quote]

That's a pity. I would have really liked a 4x12.

The EAD has a 6.5" driver. http://www.extendedaudiodesign.co.uk/ However, these aren't made any more.

My main query is that whatever cabs should be able to handle the treble content of a 12 string (triple coursed bass). My Markbass cabs are okay, but I think I can do better in the top end response due to the piezo tweeters. It's fine for a 4 string, but my 12 is a bit hit/miss. Would the mid range driver be better?

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1418937648' post='2635095']
Ah, I so nearly went for that!! I do love my S112. Not even tempted to get another as the one is more than enough for what I need!
[/quote]

When i tried a few speaker/amp combos in Bassgear yesterday, i was amazed how responsive and loud the S112 was.
Just as a side note, Vic and Phil in BassGear were great. Really helpful. Loved the shop!! Top end gear everywhere. I could have stayed the week and still had more stuff to oogle at.
Didnt meet Barrie, but had a great day up there!
The coffee was top notch aswel :happy:

Hi tks,

Where are you based? I've read the website a few times and this thread but cannot seem to see your location. If you have a stockist in the Stockholm area, please let me know as I am interested in testing a few cabs with my amp and, ideally, with other amps too.

Thanks!

Just a quick note to say that Tommy is expanding his production facility to accommodate increased demand so the workshop will be closed for a while from mid January.

UK order deadline via BassGear for January completion is 17:00 on 30th December.

Any orders placed after this time will be delivered mid to late March 2015.

Edit - Last production slots already filled :)

Edited by molan

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1417051892' post='2616695']
That's alright, I believe you have some red cabs to make, among others :P
:)
[/quote]

and they're here!

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/252310-ncd-tks-1126-x2-dont-look-if-you-hate-red/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/252310-ncd-tks-1126-x2-dont-look-if-you-hate-red/[/url]

[quote name='JimBobTTD' timestamp='1419675345' post='2641754']
Hi tks,

Where are you based? I've read the website a few times and this thread but cannot seem to see your location. If you have a stockist in the Stockholm area, please let me know as I am interested in testing a few cabs with my amp and, ideally, with other amps too.

Thanks!
[/quote]

TKS/Tommy is based in Norrköping. I don't think there is a reseller in Stockholm. But check with us at http://www.pratabas.se There must be half a dozen bass players in Stockholm with TKS speakers. We occationally have getogethers and try each other's stuff.

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1419958316' post='2644334']

and they're here!

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/252310-ncd-tks-1126-x2-dont-look-if-you-hate-red/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/252310-ncd-tks-1126-x2-dont-look-if-you-hate-red/[/url]

[/quote]

Looks great - obviously red is the fastest colour :)

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1419979784' post='2644645']
Looks great - obviously red is the fastest colour :)
[/quote]

"Erm, you're not moving at all"
"But if I did move, I'd be the fastest... just look at it, the redness... feel the speed... No! Don't touch it!"

(This is Spinal Tap - style; sustain of the silent Gibson Les Paul)

:P

[quote name='bjelkeman' timestamp='1419979663' post='2644641']
TKS/Tommy is based in Norrköping. I don't think there is a reseller in Stockholm. But check with us at [url="http://www.pratabas.se"]http://www.pratabas.se[/url] There must be half a dozen bass players in Stockholm with TKS speakers. We occationally have getogethers and try each other's stuff.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I am registered on pratabas, I think, but I do not spend much time there. I shall have a look and see if I can bjuda in mig på a Stockholm rendezvous!

[quote name='JimBobTTD' timestamp='1420030509' post='2644974']
Thanks for the info. I am registered on pratabas, I think, but I do not spend much time there. I shall have a look and see if I can bjuda in mig på a Stockholm rendezvous!
[/quote]
What a pity!
Whe had a PrataBas get together at the TKS facility last fall. Tommy sells direct to customer; in that way you always get a brand new cab, unplayed and "unpawed" by others. Saves some dough too. I think TKS uses UPS for delivery, so that means shipping "everywhere".

Edited by bassmayhem