Why become a member? ×

South west meet up. Now taking names. Poss ashcott near street.

jimrs2k

Here's Jim the organiser. When I said I needed a bit more light I did not expect all those red leds! Shoot, I forgot to commend Jims lightweight cabs (not a euphemism) Who needs B[s]arefaced? [/s]This man is a real cabinet maker.

[attachment=173601:JIm.JPG]

Edited by yorks5stringer

Thanks for putting this on, nice to see people again. Sorry for being the one interfering with the sensible questions!

Oh look - I was asked how many basses I have and I said I think it was 6. Then I read my sig - seems I have a couple more :)

Edited by Woodinblack

Hi everyone,
A big thanks to all who turned up, it was a fair turnout.
The venue lends its self well to this kind of thing, being easy to find and a big car park etc.
I have to say a big thankyou to david (retrovibe) for his informal chat on the back story of his creations, ( i do however have to amdmit at being quite impressed by his basses).
Anyway thanks again and see you next time, right im off to work.
Jim.

Hi bassbadger, no invite required, people just had to turn up lol.
While it was only a small event with some people unable to attended it was still better than the bass guitar show! No really, there was was some beautiful instruments there and some quality amp and cabs to be honest, from that amazing little amp of woodinblacks to andys immense sounding pedals and 810 cab.
If anyone wanted to know what you really needed to gig, this was the place to find it without all the marketing crap, oh and being able to talk to guys who know about there gear.
Seriously, your basses were / are great value for money and thanks for brining them along for us to pull apart lol.

Thanks everyone.
Jim

Edited by jimrs2k

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you had a good bash and sorry I couldnt make it.

Also sorry to hijak the thread but would anyone who went to this be interested in having the bass relay bass next. I'm trying to get it from me in Bristol to either Devon or Weymouth and you all seem in the right part of the world to help it on its way. PM me if you are interested.

Cheers
Steve

[quote name='sbrag' timestamp='1414496836' post='2589789']
Glad you had a good bash and sorry I couldnt make it.

Also sorry to hijak the thread but would anyone who went to this be interested in having the bass relay bass next. I'm trying to get it from me in Bristol to either Devon or Weymouth and you all seem in the right part of the world to help it on its way. PM me if you are interested.

Cheers
Steve
[/quote]

A bit of a bump for this but I really wanted to ask about the Retrovibe Zygote bass (this one http://www.probass.co.uk/Zygote-ZYRT.html) that David brought up. I was too ill to make it and would really have liked to try one as they look just fantastic. Any chance they're lightweight with a nice thin jazz-style neck? :)

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1414697270' post='2592448']
A bit of a bump for this but I really wanted to ask about the Retrovibe Zygote bass (this one [url="http://www.probass.co.uk/Zygote-ZYRT.html"]http://www.probass.c...ygote-ZYRT.html[/url]) that David brought up. I was too ill to make it and would really have liked to try one as they look just fantastic. Any chance they're lightweight with a nice thin jazz-style neck? :)
[/quote]
Hi there,
The Zygote weighs in at around 7.4lbs or 3.5kg and I specifically designed it to be lightweight with a nice fast (24 fret!) jazz-style neck.
I know jimrs2k was quite taken with it and spent some time playing it so maybe drop him a line for an independent overview. In the meantime, please ask away if you have any other questions.
Thanks,

David